Split Cases

watkins

Having some issues reassembling the tranny after splitting the cases for the first time, things seem OK until I get to the part where I need to install the spring and gear stopper thingy up against the shift star... you will see the picture below, it was a pain in the ass to get it in there like that, but its butted up against the shift star so it takes a ton of force to shift gears... any thoughts on what I am doing wrong.. my clymers doesnt really show anything.

11.jpg

Havent ridden it like this, but put the shifter back on and it shifts really hard. And when shifting it with the cases split to check everything out it gets stuck in between shifts 1/2 the time. Dont know if it will work better when sitting in oil or not

Edited by watkins

I looked at my spair engine and it lookes like the C holder on the right with the philips screws holding it on, is on the out side of the shifting drum. Take them out and slide the drum out a little bit and there is a slot it rides in. Maybe I am wrong but that is all I can see from the picture. :shrugani:

I think the previous post if correct about the c holder being in the wrong position. there is a groove on the shift drum that the holder fits into..I recomend you use some lock tite on those two screws also. One of the screws came loose last trip to the dunes and caused the shifter fork shaft to slip out of the case causing a bent shaft.

Good luck

Ray