Powervalve

I'm looking to do a powervalve mod to my banshee. I pulled the moter the other day and found a bent connecting rod due to water in the chamber. So who has a powervalved motor and which company did you use? Was the mod worth it and what did you spend in the process. I do all sorts of riding sand , trails, wide open so having the biggest motor is not a factor to me, reliability is a must and I'd like to run pumpgas. I've seen the 400cc kits from TrinityRacing for around $2000.00 . I would'nt mind sending the motor to a company to get a decent rebuild and getting the crank trued and welded.

Thanks..

If you have a bent rod, you might as well just buy a new crank and have it tued and welded before it is sent. The cheapest power valve motor, most reliable and uses stock banshee pistons would be to run a set of jugs off of an RZ350 (street bike motor). There are a lot of little things you need to run the RZ jugs with powervavles but if you can find a RZ 350 parts bike that has all of the stuff you can do it pretty cheap. You can probably make more power with the cheetah pvl cylinders though. I think the RZ cylinders would make a bad ass all around motor though.

Cheetahs are great motors, Trinity sucks. I can PM you a horror story about Trinity's Cheetah motor, but I won't post it.

RZ's are great motors, just a little complex to wire. I have a ported +4 RZ motor that is insanely fast. For the way I ride and where I ride, it's still "almost" too much.

The Cheetahs, especially the big ones, will definately make more power, but at what expense and is that really what you need.

If you know the crank has issues, you might want to just ditch it and start with a stroker up front. The price of the crank really isn't any more that a stock stroke.