what mods for high speed wheelies?

mattb348

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with stock gearing a CR-500 does 86 mph, mine does a 100 cause i droped 4 teeth in back(from the stock 51 to a 45) and raised one tooth in front, and it will smoke the KX500, in open riding races.........and theres no freaking yamaha 350 twin two cycle motor in any frame ive ever seen pop a wheelie off at 80mph ive gone through the gears on a wheelie on my shee geared tall and as soon as i hit fourth, down it goes on a power wheelie, to balance one, on the top of 5th or 6th would be freaking insanity and id like the guy who did it to autograph my bible..... :cheers:

Edited by Blue Duece

I FOUND SOME VIDEO OF HIM ON A CR

http://weakgame.com/data/Videos/20051016_0...lie_wipeout.wmv

427765[/snapback]

ROFL!!! man I watched that video like 15 times ina row with tears running down my cheeks. That has to be one of the funniest video's I've ever seen LOL!

LOL I'll have to tell my friend that you found a video of him riding a wheelie on a CR :P

Man thats gonna be me someday though :( But I'll be smart enough to have all my MX gear on; hopefully it will only break a bone or 2 rather than tear half my skin off :P

with stock gearing a CR-500 does 86 mph, mine does a 100 cause i droped 4 teeth in back(from the stock 45 to a 41) and raised one tooth in front, and it will smoke the KX500, in open riding races.........and theres no freaking yamaha 350 twin two cycle motor in any frame ive ever seen pop a wheelie off at 80mph ive gone through the gears on a wheelie on my shee geared tall and as soon as i hit fourth, down it goes on a power wheelie, to balance one, on the top of 5th or 6th would be freaking insanity and id like the guy who did it to autograph my bible..... :cheers:

427824[/snapback]

Half the people say the CR beats the KX 500 and then the other half says that the KX 500 beats the CR :P

They are probably clones just like all the other MX bikes (atleast for the most part). Allthough depending on the year some are better than others, but you can remedy that with the proper mods.

I did hear that the KX has more top end and the CR has more low end power.

My dream is to be able to ride wheelies as good as the guy riding the CR 500 in the video LOL!!!

But to whoever says a KX 500 wont do 100 mph stock, I'm pretty sure you are wrong, as I have seen many people say that have clocked these bikes at 102 mph, along with the CR 500.

427729[/snapback]

Don't believe everything you read :rolleyes:

when you say wheelie are you talking baout just getting the front end to pull up alittle? or getting the thing up on its tail and riding it a little. I think it may be possible to do alittle power wheelie if you jerked the bars and had some impressive power, but pulling the front end way up...no way. In order to do that youd have to do 80 in 5th gear, becasue youre only going to pull it up and the bottom of 6th, if you know what Im saying...

500s are beasts. i would suggest doing wheelies in the grass some first. and wear a bunch of foam. or bubble wrap. and video tape it if you are gonna wear bubble wrap. i think it would be cool to hear someone all wrapped in the stuff fall. it would be a symphony of snapping and popping. if you wanna wheelie more then change your gearing. thats probably the best thing you can do.

Half the people say the CR beats the KX 500 and then the other half says that the KX 500 beats the CR :P

They are probably clones just like all the other MX bikes (atleast for the most part). Allthough depending on the year some are better than others, but you can remedy that with the proper mods.

I did hear that the KX has more top end and the CR has more low end power.

My dream is to be able to ride wheelies as good as the guy riding the CR 500 in the video LOL!!!

427841[/snapback]

personally i would think the kx 500 is faster. it has the one thing that you need to make monster power on bottom and top, a powervalve!!

well i did a wheelie in 6th... pulled it up in third and hit my ballencing point.... front end came down about mid 6th tho cuz the over drive gear really didnt have the spunk to keep me up.... scary shit.... did it liek 3 times... and now i cant do it anymore

428951[/snapback]

Don't worry its fun once you get used to it :)

I can only do it on my bike though, since I have only driven my shee twice since I got it basically. My bike only has 5 gears though. Hell I can start off in a wheelie in first gear, and ride the same wheelie all the way into 5th. It will keep the front end up for a LONG ways in 5th gear too :)

OK guys, Im not gonna claim to be the authority on wheelies but take it from a guy who rides rockets with stunt crews and nut cases, 80mph wheelies are possible to "pull up". I see guys do it on bikes at 150-175mph in 6th where they have very little power to pull up. The method used is leaning over the bars, tap the front brake to preload the suspension then pull back, let off the brake and pull the throttle. You dont have to pull the clutch but it can be done if you need that extra oomff. Im not a wheelie god but I can do alright, I can do pull up 4th gear wheelies in sand and ride them for a while but the power band is hard to predict for balancing on my Shee with T5's. Now on a 4-joke I can ride them all day long as far as the eye can see. My friends are like gods on them and do crotch rocket stunts in 5th gear stand ups on 400ex's adn 450r's. They wont ride my Shee to see what they can do though (scared, seriously) so I don't know about 80mph wheelies in person. But with enough mods and hella skill, I think it could be done. Stock....? not even close. Stock only hits low 70's, and surely won't push a sail at 80, on 2 wheels.

As for the KX500, it WILL do over 100mph, my friend has one and I know personally that it WILL go over 100mph. This specific one was clocked at 106 although I am not sure what the rear sprocket is, I know it is aftermarket though (anodized purple). Hell, it'll 12 o'clock at 80mph on concrete if you mash the throttle, my friend has the scars on his back to prove it .

Matt.....still looking for a KX? My friend is selling his, he is only about 140lbs and it is just WAY WAY too much bike for him, he won't ride it, it scares me too and I am 185lbs and not used to a bike that big. He is looking for a good 125, maybe a 250 instead. Email me and I'll give ya the details, its a good deal.

Blue Duece- I have a few friends that would be happy to sign your bible. I might be able to get ahold of the guy atht holds the world record for longest "stoppie" (about 1/4 mile). These guys pull 1/4+mile coasters (balanced wheelie, clutch pulled in) all the time. Ever held onto the front bumper with both hands and rolled out a wheelie on a 400ex? Ya.....they're good.

Ok....I'm done, I've said my say.