Top speed the other day

racer714

last sunday I had finally got out after 5 weeks of no riding, it was cool out about 60. I decided to see what my top speed is with my newly installed trailtech speedo. Anyway, I have stock gearing, 2 into 1 dynoport, proflow foam filter with no lid and 18" fast trekkers mounted on 10" itp rims. I was able to get it up to 68.6 mph on 3 attempts. Does this sound about right to anyone?? Motor is bone stock, '03. It hesitates just alittle at the bottom end of each gear, then kinda surges till I grab the next gear. jetting is stock with a 220 main. Dynoport tech indicated that no need to jet up as the 2 into 1 pipe"pulls more fuel" ??? with the lid off and proflow, I decided to go up 2 sizes to be safe. Think this is enough?? I live in Il ;)

I know this is laughable, in the nov dirt wheels, in the "classic moments" section it said that in febuary of 94, at el mirage dry lake bed, dw riders went 79mph on a stock banshee. Just adding pipes they say {I suppose they jetted it} it went 87mph. Then a super modded shee [what ever that means} went 118mph They used a radar gun to measure the speeds. I may be wrong, but I don't think a stock shee will go 79mph. Damm, why do I buy dw.

i have a motofast 2 into 1 i also live in il i have a k&n cool head 18cc domes tdr reeds with lid on premix 40 to 1 with 105 octane and i am a nice tan to light brown with 290 mains stock pilot i started at 300 and it was a little dogish so went with the 290 and i can still ride when it get a little cold out 45 to 50 degrees with no prob

I know this is laughable, in the nov dirt wheels, in the "classic moments" section it said that in febuary of 94, at el mirage dry lake bed, dw riders  went 79mph on a stock banshee. Just adding pipes they say {I suppose they jetted it} it went 87mph. Then a super modded shee [what ever that means} went 118mph They used a radar gun to measure the speeds. I may be wrong, but I don't think a stock shee will go 79mph.  Damm, why do I buy dw.

425056[/snapback]

Yeah I read that too, sounds maybe a lil faster than what it should, but you never know :shrugani: