selling the banshee? talke me out of this guys

sycoracer911

well boys i have been recently thinking about sellling the banshee for a yfz.... idk whats getting into me im usualy all for 2 strokes and against 4's.... idk something abotu them is getting to me.... come on guys talk me out of this lol.... the debate is to sell both blasters and put a arms, shocks, carbs, and maybes oem new pipes on the shee.... or sell the blasters and the shee for a yfz.... if i do the mods to the shee i might put some money towards a truck...

I didn't think that I could afford both either. My banshee isn't even hopped up that much, I just wanted the 450 to run trails with. I do love the suspension, I won't lie. I miss the powerband hit of the banshee when I ride the 450 :confused: . I watched eBay like a hawk :ph34r: for like 4 months and found my 450 cheap. It already had a full exhaust too. :) If I were you, I would really think about what kind of riding you do, and go from there. Or wait until the new 450Rs and Z450s come out and see if yfz prices go down enough to get both. :cheers:

Sellouts!!! :angry:

The way I hear it: "Four strokes are like tampons.

Every pussy uses them."

Sorry, but I'm passionate. Seriously, can you put a price on awsomeness, Those 4 jokers are what everybodys gona have in the future. I say hold on to the shee, It's the last of it's kind. our kids won't ever know what it means to be free and so on. Just kidding, (or am I)

Sellouts!!!  :angry:

Every pussy uses them."

Sorry, but I'm passionate. Seriously, can you put a price on awsomeness, Those 4 jokers are what everybodys gona have in the future. I say hold on to the shee, It's the last of it's kind. our kids won't ever know what it means to be free and so on. Just kidding, (or am I)

419720[/snapback]

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

seriuosly, it looks like you still have stock pipes on that shee. Then my friend you have not even started to grasp the concept of a shee rippi'n!!! :whoa::whoa:

spend some dough and get that bitch upgraded and you'l never look at a 450 again!!

Sure theyhave good suspension, but you can also fit the shee with aftermarket mod's, and of course they are cheaper on fuel, but so are cheap women - if you want to have the best thrill you will somewhere have to cough up..

shee have been around for ages, and with with a bit of mods these 4 strokes still can't catch them! :bolt:

Sellouts!!!  :angry:

Every pussy uses them."

Sorry, but I'm passionate. Seriously, can you put a price on awsomeness, Those 4 jokers are what everybodys gona have in the future.

419720[/snapback]

Well, that's not totally true. People buy the quad to better suit their riding styles...I'll run you through the woods and around the track on my mostly stock yfz450; you ride your banshee....see who gets left behind. There's no shame in buying a yfz450, and you're not a "pussy" if you ride a 4 stroke :shootself:

:rotflmao:  :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:

seriuosly, it looks like you still have stock pipes on that shee. Then my friend you have not even started to grasp the concept of a shee rippi'n!!! :whoa:  :whoa:

spend some dough and get that bitch upgraded and you'l never look at a 450 again!!

Sure theyhave good suspension, but you can also fit the shee with aftermarket mod's, and of course they are cheaper on fuel, but so are cheap women - if you want to have the best thrill you will somewhere have to cough up..

shee have been around for ages, and with with a bit of mods these 4 strokes still can't catch them! :bolt:

419755[/snapback]

You're talking to a guy that's concerned about gas milage, there's no convincing him to mod it more...then he'd never have enough money for gas to ride it!!!

I say go ahead and get a 4WD quad, it seems like that is what fits your style...I rode a grizzly once that was pretty nice for plowing through mud :cheers:

The 450's performance is really -_- .Sorry,fell a sleep thinking about them.I just got my wife a banshee.You could ask her if she would trade her's for one,but she might bust out laughing.Seriously,the banshee's performance is addictive,but not for everyone.Not everyone likes going fast.LOL!They aren't the best trail quad.If you like a quad that slow one minute.Then hit the powerband,and you wonder if it's going to run out from under you.Then, a banshee is what you need.A few of my friends have YFZ's.They run respectably.They have pipes,different cams,and K&N filters.They will surprise ya.To me though there's not a quad out there that gives an addreniline rush like a hopped-up banshee.If your banshee doesn't scare you,you don't have enough mods.

I have both and I can't say one is better than the other at everything. I have a lot of $$ in to my Shee and it tears up the dunes. My YFZ is mostly stock and it is a great all around bike. They are so different that it is like comparing apples to oranges. If you can only afford one then decide what bike is better for your type of riding and go for it. :cheers:

Depends on what your riding style is going to be and what type of terrain you are going to ride mostly?

You just cant beat the rush of the banshee in the sand. That is the one place I do miss not having the banshee anymore, but we only go once or twice a year. The banshee seems at home going in a straight line, on smooth terrain, with the throttle wide open.

I mostly race XC and trail ride with friends. And for that type of riding the 450 has been hands down a better suited bike for those conditions. It's still more than capable at the dunes with keeping up, and the torque of the 450 easily makes itself noticed there. I never thought I'd sell the banshee and go 4 stroke. Two races on the banshee was enough to convince that it was not meant to XC. The suspension and handling are so much better on the 450 and your body can tell the difference at the end of the day for sure! Minimal performance mods on the 450 make it quite capable drag racing also, its biggest advantage seems to be in the hook up department. It hooks and goes while many banshees have the wild tire spin(but thats part of the banshee charm).

All in all both quads are great when in their element. The banshee suited my needs at one time, but over time those needs changed direction and now the 450 better suits me personally.