mx motor

macgillivary

im running trinity 2into1 35mm carb,w/speed freeks porting,noss head wit 19cc domes,wiseco pistons,vforce 3 reeds,rickt stator +4 timing plate and a dynoport 2 into 1 exhaust and my quad pulls harder trew bottom and mid then any banshee i ever rode so if ur serious about mx and want the bottom end power u should run a similar setup or atlest the dynoport pipe it does wonders

As you can see there are lots of ways to give a Banshee bottom end. Each does have it's trade off however.

T-Rexs and Cheetahs is price. RZs are the wiring. Single carbs are "known" to not pull that well on top. PTR mids DO NOT rev high at all. 2:1 pipes don't rev for shit. High compression needs more expensive fuels.

It all comes down to what you really want and need and the amount of time and money you want to put into it.

well heres my setup thus far

i got a motofast 2 into 1 intake with a 40mm lectron

k&n no lid, lightened flywheel, +4 on the timing, modquad head with 21cc domes

dynoport 2 into 1 pipe and a set of fmf gold series if i feel the need for more revs, ported stock reed cages, probably soon to change, and thats it, im running Av100ll in it

can ya get away with 100 running 21cc domes and a +7?? might make a timing change

but ya so not a whole lot to do besides mess with the cylinders i got all the bolt on goodies pretty much

maybe somebody has a good suggestion for a motor with that setup on it

but i really appreciate the input guys

thanks alot

I still say the 7mm stroker is the way to go.  :headbang:

420650[/snapback]

That was the route I wanted to take. But several builders talked me out of it for my applications. For one a 10mm is pretty much the same price to build. I was told that a 7mm wouldn't be that much more impressive than a well built 4mm for the extra expense that the 7 would run. The bigger stroke motors seem to really shine up hills. You can make a great MX motor, contact a few builders, tell them what you want and they can give you some ideas of expense and what you can get for the money.