RIS Billet shifter = F

Justintoxicated

I just got a new RIS shifter. It looked so shiny and perfect I did not even want to install it.

It appeared to be a VERY high quality Billet part..

WRONG.

The f**king thing won't even install so the shifter is level.

Unlike the stock design, the Allen head bolt actualy goes through the notch in the shift shaft... when installed level with the pegs the bolt does not clear the notch, I have to move it up a spline and then the shifter is at a 30 deg angle with the foot pegs...You would have to stand up to shift! When downshifting it clicks down to the point that SHOULD be the correct installed position....But it cannot be installed lower because the bolt does not clear the notch in the shift shaft (the shift shaft prevents you from threading the bolt in...

SO the shifter cannot be adjusted down to the correct position (level) without griding out the noth in the shift shaft to a larger diameter.

for $80 you would think it would fit.!!!!!!!!!!!!

I give this product 2 thumsb down....Putting the stock shifter back on tomarrow...

Edited by Justintoxicated

well I found out RIS is right by my house, so if I ever get off work on time (not likely) I will swing it by and exchange it. But it looks like it will be a couple weeks...

Anyone else with his shifter have to grind down their shift shaft? I have a feeling that the replacement is not going to fit either.

well I found out RIS is right by my house, so if I ever get off work on time (not likely) I will swing it by and exchange it.  But it looks like it will be a couple weeks...

Anyone else with his shifter have to grind down their shift shaft?  I have a feeling that the replacement is not going to fit either.

418427[/snapback]

yeaid bet that itll be the same way..just return the POS and buy a pro design or something else..

Well, they said they would not refund it but exchange it.

The notch in my shift shaft goes all the way through..

But when the Shofter is level with the foot pegs the bolt hole and notch do not line up....So the bolt clips the edge of the shift shafts notch...I could probably grind my shift shaft with a dremel but I'm not sure that is a wise thing to do...I don't want to end up splittnig my cases as result of the new shifter...

I'll see fi I can find a way to post a pic without the webserver.

I'm a bit pissed at RIS. they told me at teh sandshow it retailed for $75 and they were selling it to me for $50 ($60 after tax)...I went to their website and see one for $65...What a rip...Mine looks WAY better than the one listed on their website though...Nice thing it is it milled from a solid piece of billet unlike most other shifters...Unfortunately I can't use the POS.

Well, they said they would not refund it but exchange it.

thats shitty..i will def never buy from them..if you as the customer are not satisfied they should do everything in their power to make you happy...

...I don't want to end up splittnig my cases as result of the new shifter...
you dont have to split your cases to put a new shift shaft in..you just have to pull the clutch cover..

RIS guys are pretty good guys. The fact that it is out of the packaging and has been "installed", seems likely that only an exchange would have been offered. Sucks that it doesnt fit. I had to redrill 2 holes in a 6 pack rack I got from them. Oh well.

I reccomend their Flag Mounts. BEST around. Their Axle nuts are awesome too.

RIS guys are pretty good guys.  The fact that it is out of the packaging and has been "installed", seems likely that only an exchange would have been offered.  Sucks that it doesnt fit.  I had to redrill 2 holes in a 6 pack rack I got from them.  Oh well.

I reccomend their Flag Mounts.  BEST around.  Their Axle nuts are awesome too.

418790[/snapback]

well f**k, you gotta take it out to install it..thats when u find its a f**kin piece of shit..if he could have been able to tell it was a POS from the package im sure he would have never installed it...

The shift shaft has a notch cut into it for the pinch bolt to go through. The RIS shifter has the bolt in a different spot compared to the stock shifter. The bolt is rotated a little farther forward so it will not fit in the notch cut into the shift shaft. He got it worked out so it fits correctly now.