9-11-01

bansheefreak

I was in 7th grade, and my teacher's phone rang. She picked it up, and she talked for a minute or two, then hung up. She told us that the World Trade Center was hit with a plane, I had no clue what the WTC was, so I wasn't really phased. Then the bell rang, and I went to my math class, where I saw the TV on, and then the 2nd plane hit. For the rest of the class we just sat there watching the TV.

My dad told us he was at work, where he could see the twin towers from his parking lot (NJ side). He heard the first plane hit, then went outside, and actually watched the second plane hit the towers, musta been pretty scary. :cry:

I was stationed in Minot North Dakota had just got back from a dental appointment. I remember seeing the first building burning and then saw the second plain hit. I thought to my self what movie is this then the screan whent blank and said FPCon. Delta there where about five us in there we took off down the dorm hallways beteen the shit out of peoples doors tellin um to get to the squadrin yesterday. halled ace t the squadrin Got armed up pulled a 30 hour shift there where about 200 of us armed up just sitin there waiting. I remember calling home in Michigan to let um know I was ok. Cell phones where gettin pased around like crazy. I got relieved and was sent home to get ready to deploy.

Life hasent been the same since :unsure:

Edited by yama_dog_350

i rememebr it like it was yesterday, i was in 7th grade reading class with my teach mrs richardson, i walked up staires and people were talking about a plane crashed into the wtc and it didnt phaze me i was like o no big deal, cause i didnt even know what the wtc was....then i went to my math class with mrs felly, and then the tv was on and i saw the first tower collapse, it was horrible, they then made us turn off all tvs and radios and said that they would tell us anything else that happened....well they were full of shit casue they never told us about the 2nd tower collapsing, it was a horrible day for everyone i think....

Damn... I was in highschool when it happened.. My sophmore year. I remember walking out of weight lifting and one of my friends came up to me and said, "Did you hear what happened in New York?" I went to my next class (spanish class) and they turned on the news for about 2 mins then shut it off and wouldnt let us watch it..

413562[/snapback]

exactly what happened to me, but iwas in history.

anyone remember where they were for the april 19 '95 blast? i do. i felt the showckwave on that one. it rattled the ground damn near half way across the state ten years ago.

I was in math class, when somebody knocked on the door..my teacher went out of the class to talk for a minute, then came in with her hands shaking real bad..she told us what happened, but It didn't really hit hard until we realized we were only 40 niles from where they hit, and that many of us had been to that very location...god bless all who were lost, and FUCK YOU OSAMA BIN LADEN

I was at work in a factory. A guy that drove the forklift had a radio and told us about the first plane. He was a jokester so we thought he was pulling our leg. We all talked about it in my area but thought the guy was full of it. Then a little later they shut the plant down at had a meeting in the parking lot and told us what happened. The weirdest part about it all was on the pa system "End of the world as we know it" by REM was playing when they cut in to call the meeting.

:cheers:

Jeremy

Going home from talking some my builders that morning. Was listening to Jack and Ron, morning talk show hosts on 98.9 KISS-fm. They said they just got word the a small airplane possibly a cesna ran into the WTC. I was thinking dude in a cesna couldn't miss the WTC building, wtf? Got home in a few minutes, hit the news and I was devistated as I watched the second plane hit the second tower, they weren't cesna's of course. :whoa:

i was starting a new rock hauling job. we were servicing the truck and whatnot. listening to the radio. then they stopped the music. heard peter jennings say something about a plane hitting a building.

we stopped working and turned the radio up. couple mins later we learned the sec hit. my friend and i were like wtf.

got loaded, started towards wichita, listening on the radio to the news. people were scared and rushing gas stations, and causing mass backups.

its one of the few days that i will remember perfectly what happened.

truely awful thing that happened.

I remember that day very well..

I had woken up at 6am decided sumfin wasn't right so I played hookey from work and went back to bed.. The wife wakes me just as the 1st tower got hit and she was going crazy...(we are at war, the sky is falling blah blah) Me thinking yeah right...

So I got up and saw it all live on the TV first hand. I am getting goose bump right now as I am typing this.

Still to this day I wonder what made me call in sick to work, something just made me wanna stay home near the family I geuss...

here's a site I found related to 9-11 some stuff is very graghic beware..9/11

amflag.gif

It was my senior year...and I was actually in a current events class. I remember my volleyball coach came in and whispered something in my teachers ear so he turned on the tv. We watched the news in every class for the rest of the day. I remember in 5th hr my principal came in and told me if I didn't have any gas in my tank to leave and go fill up because the prices were goin to rise drastically. That night we had a volleyball quad. As we were leaving town, there were at least 15 cars waiting in line at the gas station to get gas. In fact, I remember some of the stations running out of gas and having to shut down. But, we all played the game that night, but it was like nobody was really into the game. It was really weird, normally everybody is loud and cheering...but that whole evening the gym was completely silent...and in between games we would sit in a lobby watching the news on a big screen. I'll definately never forget that day!