Fuel Leak

Ahamay04

My right Carb started pouring fuel out of the line that connects to the float chamber just as I got done riding the other day. It only stops when I shut the fuel off. I'm puzzled as to why it would just start doing that. Carbs aren't my specialty so I'd appreciate a little info as to what to look for when I rip it out.

:shrugani:

most likely a stuck float..... take the handle end of a screw driver, or whatever you have handy, and give the bowl a few good taps. If that doesn't stop it, take her apart and give the carb a good cleaning. :cheers:

Edited by Otis

Alright, I tapped the bowl. Now fuel is coming out of the short hose on the side of the carb AND the long bottom hose. I guess it's time to take it out and clean it. That's too much fuel to let drain out while I'm riding and shut it off when I'm done. I'm not doing it with these gas prices.

Sounds like you most likely do have a stuck float. Take the carbs off and give them a really, really good cleaning. You also may want to disassemble the float and needle assembly, as tiny pieces of junk can get under the seat of the needle and keep the needle from shutting off the flow of fuel into the float bowl. Most likely that will solve your woes.

Ripped it out, gave it a good cleaning. The float wasn't stuck, the jets weren't clogged, I don't know what I did unless, while cleaning it, whatever it was unf*cked itself. It works as advertised now. Thanks for the help ladies and gentlemen. :cheers: