Video camera

Im looking into getting a digital video camera, Any recomedations? something im able to hook a helmetcam to or anything else i want. Also opinions on a quality digital camera getting tire of the POS i have.

408367[/snapback]

Yeah me too. My Kodak Easy Share sucks ass when it comes to video.

Weird. I was just thinking about posting something like this.

Go with a MiniDV cam and make sure its got (AV) in jacks. some of the cheaper ones only have (AV) out. Thats if you want to use a helmet cam with your camcorder. Stay away from the DVD units as they compress the video and if you want to edit on your computer, you will have to further compress it to make the video small enough to download, in the end MiniDV or Digital8 will look better than the DVD cam after editing!

i have a Sony TRV38....and love it!

Good enough for me.

Where did you pick it up?

408406[/snapback]

got mine at best buy...im sure circuit city and others sell it. you could order it from somewhere off the internet im sure. do a search for it and its easily available..

Combat what kid of battery life do you get out of it? can you use the LANC connection  with it also?

408424[/snapback]

i get TONS of battery life out of mine. it has the LANC cable and AV input and output...its everything you need to run a helmet cam and more...

got mine at best buy...im sure circuit city and others sell it. you could order it from somewhere off the internet im sure. do a search for it and its easily available..

i get TONS of battery life out of mine. it has the LANC cable and AV input and output...its everything you need to run a helmet cam and more...

408466[/snapback]

Cool. I have a Circuit City and a Best Buy just down the road.

I like to go in there prepared. The salesmen couldn't find their asses with both hands.

:rolleyes:

edit.

I couldn't find DRC-H32 but I did find DCR-HC32

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sony-Handyc...roductDetail.do

is it even close???

Edited by Cotton eyed Joe

Cool. I have a Circuit City and a Best Buy just down the road.

I like to go in there prepared. The salesmen couldn't find their asses with both hands.

:rolleyes:

edit.

I couldn't find DRC-H32  but I did find DCR-HC32

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sony-Handyc...roductDetail.do

is it even close???

408468[/snapback]

haha thats it. apparantly i cant get my letters right... :lol: the LANC cable does not come with this camera. youll have to get that with your helmet cam..this camera does come with the necessary cables to hook to a helmet cam tho.

haha thats it. apparantly i cant get my letters right... :lol: the LANC cable does not come with this camera. youll have to get that with your helmet cam..this camera does come with the necessary cables to hook to a helmet cam tho.

408492[/snapback]

HAHA!

I damn give a don't if dyslexic are you.

Help for the man thanks. :cheers:

Combat what kid of battery life do you get out of it? can you use the LANC connection  with it also?

408424[/snapback]

If im using the 3.5" touchscreen LCD the entire time, i get about 1.5 hours. If i shoot with the view finder and dont mess with rewinding and watching it every 5 minutes, then i get almost 3 hours out of the battery...thats with a larger battery that i purchased with the cam. the batt that came with it is good for about an hour not using the Screen.