broke shee

tsufilmz

i have a shee that will start and run but it back fires on the right side and gets real hot real fast. it is not jetting or carb work.  what could it be help plz Jeff

408047[/snapback]

how have you eliminated the carbs and jetting? It sounds to be an AIR LEAK if not internal to carb. what else have you done to the shee for diagnostics?

We have had the carbs apart to inspect them. Everything checked out and is working correctly. The thing will run alright for about 10 seconds but after that the thing is scorching hot and 10 seconds isnt an exageration. I don't really know much about these engines, so i dont even know where to start with it. We were told by a guy it could be the water pump but why would it only backfire and run like shiz on one side only? We took the cover off the pump to check anyways it appears to be working but the plastic impeller looks like its rubbing on the outside cover and the housing is this normal? Should we take the cover off and see what it looks like inside it, as you can't see much from the outside. It was running great and then all of a sudden this happend trail riding. The plugs looked good nice tan color to them both. Any info is appreciated.

replace your plugs before you tear into your engine, had the same problem with my 2:1 intake system and it was just too rich after the rebuild(i opened up the add-on "powervalve" thingy on the side of the carb), and would only foul out the left side..go figure...leaned it out tiwh the adjustable main jet thingy and now it's gravy, don't worry i'm still on the rich side by a longshot...because i do a lot of WOT running mainly. But check your plugs, relpace them...if that doesn't help then switch spark plug wires(it doesn't matter which side they go on) and see if the problem goes to the other cylinder...if it does then replace the spark plug wires, the stock wires have a steel braided type core, but i used some old automotive wires and it works great, i just electrical taped the hell out of em where they go into the coil so they never come out, works great so far, good luck and it's probably something simple

~Mark~