3TV

That's a pretty impressive list. I'd recommend talking to some builders like:

Jim at Passion Racing

Dan at Patriot Racing

Nate at Mccoys

Cameron at Redline Racing

Andy at Grand River Racing

Jason at Rocket Factory

I can get numbers for any of these if you dont find them. All build Cub motors if that's what you want. All of them build fast stuff and are very 'technical' builders who know what works for your type of riding.

Let me be straight up, Dont Want to get u down, but with a 4 Grand Budget, i dont think u will even be able to get all the parts for ur 7mm Cub motor, Ur best bet will be a 4mm Cub, u also have to remeber u need stuff for ur chassis for the power u will have now!! different tires, and the list goes on, Yes i know it sounds crazy but thats how it is!!! it all add's up but it will be worth it on the long run. :cheers:

KASRacing

Edited by KASRacing

Thanks once again for the input everyone. The learning curve is pretty steep :notworthy: .

dlnoss, Thanks for the list of engine builders. You can bet I will check with each one of them.

FASTOYS, what changes would you make to bump that motor up to a 9-10?

3TV

Edited by 3TV

Ok, I'm starting to narrow it down a bit.  How does the following list sound, and roughly how much horsepower is this going to make?  :)

Cheetah Cub, +7mm stroke, 68mm bore

Race spec cylinder porting

Case port matching

RKT Billet head

35mm PWK carbs

Billet intakes

K&N filters

Adjustable timing plate

V-Force reeds

Clutch lock-out

T-5s

On a 1 to 10 scale, with a stock Banshee being a 1, and a super quick hillshooter being a 10, where would this one rank?

Thanks.

3TV

406108[/snapback]

I would run inframe drag pipes, there all more suited for what you want.v-force are great for a stock or mild motor, but hurt the top end of a big motor. good luck on the perfect engine, don't forget about relibility... :bolt:

• 1 month later...

Man am I sick of getting beat at hillshooting. If I ride my DS650 and my 15 year old son rides his YFZ, he wins by four bike lengths. If I ride his YFZ and he rides my DS650, he wins by five bike lengths. He is a string bean of a kid, and I outweigh him by a hundred pounds And when riding my wife's TTR-125cc dirt bike I even lost to my 9 year old son on his Grizzly 125. I think I lost every race I ran last weekend

I know you want a fast bike, but if you don't know how to ride it your still gonna get beat by that 125 grizzly. But serious your shouldn't be loosing that bad.

I was thinking the same thing. I don't mean to be knocking anybody, but I'd probably focus on my riding skills before I went out and spent a ton-o-cash on a hot rod Banshee.

Seriously, you might want to hook up with someone that does a fair amount of hill racing and drags and hone some launching techniques. It will really make a difference when counts. Once you've got it down then go out and build the dream bike.

I don't want to sound like I'm bragging but I've smoked a few "race" bikes (you know the type, drag pipes, nitrous bottle hanging off the rear, etc) just because the rider didn't have a clue how to handle the bike. Given the right person behind the bars and I would have looked stupid eating his sand up the hill.

Rooster :dance: