computer help

first off my norton anti virus keeps encountering an "internal problem" and wants to be reinstalled. took to the shop twice to have that and other things fixed, both times worked fine there then brings up the internal problem error message when we turn it on here (at home).

second problem (the realy dumb one) . . . how do I set my desktop icon text back grounds back to clear instead of a color?

desktop.jpg

I can give you the info on fixing your icon backgrounds...

Start -> Control Panel -> System

Click the "Advanced" tab

Click the Settings button under the "Performance" section.

Check the box labeled "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop"

Click OK.

As for Norton... eeek. Not sure. I'd just remove it, clean any spyware/adware from the system, and reinstall it.

thanks for the help with that

as for the other problems I think I know what that is. . .

could it be that when it got built they just put boot leg copies of windows and norton on it? its been a few other people's guess but it worked fine for over a month, funny that if that was it it would just start acting up now.

im thinking a baseball bat or 15lb sledge hammer might help..

401397[/snapback]

you say that jokingly but i swear it works..i used to have this compaq comp that would fuck up all the time. so eventually i just got tired of it and when it fucked up id throw a chair at the cpu..it would then work great for a few weeks when id have to throw the chair at it again...