front suspension for MX

leadsled

i am starting to ride mx now and i have a little cash saved up and i want to upgrade my suspension my plan was to buy a decent set of 2+ 1+ arms and run yfz shocks but im wondering how well do these shocks work on mx and is it not worth and i should just buy aftermarket set? im on a budget so i dont have 2k to blow on suspension i want something decent anything has to be better then stock i guess, but i do want my moneys worth any advice be great, thanks guys.

I didn't have much $ either so I went w/ quicksand 2+1 w/ works dual rate w/ rezzies. Big difference over stock but then again everyone will say that works is not much to brag about but hey I've never ridden a better shock so I'm happy as a pig in shit.

...You might want to check into some package deals also.

Goodluck!

Nicky

I am running Lonestar Fully adjustable +2+1 a-arms with YFZ shocks. They are so much better than stock and are only like $200. Any shock no matter the price, even Elkas will bottom out if you land wrong so thats why i didnt spend the money. My friend has Elka race piggybacks front and rear, and i cant justify spending all of that money.

Guest blew duece
  Any shock no matter the price, even Elkas will bottom out if you land wrong so thats why i didnt spend the money.

401197[/snapback]

good shocks arnt setup to not bottom out, you want a shock that will keep your tire planted, and absorb harsh terrain, you can do 60 footers on a stock shock providing you land right, but you cant corner to save your ass or accelarate over whoops...... :cheers:

think im gonna go with some sanddragon arms 2+1+ and some yfz shocks going to do a complete tear down on m bike and paint and replace bearings not sure on how much motor work will be done it runs good now so maybe just some gearing a clutchs, anyways thanks for the info guys

Maybe going with a-aarms with yfz shocks (I think on brand they made them right for them, changing mounting points) and them send them to derisi or some shop to make it race (valving and double rate) ready for the banshee.

I know seeing in the yfzcentral that the stock shocks can even be made long travel, but don

Forget the yfz shocks. If money is a concern get some used dual rate works with rez. Those are great for mx. And you can get shane to rebuild them for you. You wont get so much roll on turns. The yfz shocks are one step up from stock. Works are about ten and any others are about twenty.