Plastic Restore

Colorado Red

I'm going to throw some Alba graphics on my 'Shee one of these days, and I thought I'd get the scratches off my fenders first. I heard of this stuff called Plastic Restore...anyone use it yet? (I think Dennis Kirk sells it)

If its a pain to use, forget it...I just thoght I'd freshen up the plastic that the graphics don't cover.

I heard of another type that you have to wet sand your fenders first...then the stuff wears off leaving fenders worse than before. I'm hoping this stuff is different.

-Mike

• 2 weeks later...
Thats kind of what I thought....bummer.

I guess I'll throw my graphics on and spray the fenders with a little Armor All or something.

-Mike

397174[/snapback]

Try mop and glo from walmart instead of armor all

Ive tried both and love mop and glo

Ive seen alot or local racers prep their bikes with it before the race, keeps the mud from sticking, and makes them gleam

give it a try

yes, the lowers will fit left and right.

400446[/snapback]

start with a rough sand paper and work ur way down to a real fine grit to get all ur scratches out. then clean them real good. then  use the plastic renew. a friend of mine did that and his EX's plastics looked brand new. if ur not gonna get rid of the scratches theres no point in doing it.

400987[/snapback]

Couldn't have said it better. Been there, done that forget it. That product is a rip off in my opinion.

I'm going to throw some Alba graphics on my 'Shee one of these days, and I thought I'd get the scratches off my fenders first. I heard of this stuff called Plastic Restore...anyone use it yet? (I think Dennis Kirk sells it)

If its a pain to use, forget it...I just thoght I'd freshen up the plastic that the graphics don't cover.

I heard of another type that you have to wet sand your fenders first...then the stuff wears off leaving fenders worse than before. I'm hoping this stuff is different.

-Mike

397116[/snapback]

graphics won't stick after you apply plastic renew!!