4mm or 4mm w/ 5mm long rod

I have a choice of getting a 4mm or a 4mm w/ 5mm long rod. The Shee is used for recreational play no duning as of yet. Mostly big fields and fire roads. I like good midrange and I want to know which one of those combos will be the best. The pistons used will be the Vitos Superstock pistons 64mm. Also with advanced timing, k &n pods, noss head 19cc or 20cc domes, v force, with stock carbs for now.

thanks in advance

i would go with the 4mm longrod(115 rods). that is generally the most common setup and most high performance atv shopswill carry the cut domes you need to run that setup. why you goin with vitos? are they a 795 series piston or one that u can put directly in a stock stroke banshee? if they arent the 795 you cant use them.

not unless he's meaning the super stock blaster pistons.i think they fit the long rods.i just bought the 795's to make sure it worked.ive heard mixed things about vito's pistons even though they may be made by wiseco.to me wiseco is a proven piston so you cant go wrong

397108[/snapback]

i only run wiseco's

If you do go with the Vitos 4mm standard rod it does use a stock piston.The 4mm stroker with the + 5mm rod takes a blaster piston or the wiseco 795 series. The blaster pistons are for the bigger bores = 2mm and up. From my experience buy the wiseco stroker,with cut domes for a cool head.Oh yea you dont need a big bore to get fast just a good port job.

If you do go with the Vitos  4mm standard rod it does use a stock piston.The 4mm stroker with the + 5mm rod takes a blaster piston or the wiseco 795 series. The blaster pistons are for the bigger bores = 2mm and up.  From my experience buy the wiseco stroker,with cut domes for a cool head.Oh yea you dont need a big bore to get fast just a good port job.

397133[/snapback]

ditto: alot of the guys i ride with have stock cranks and keep up with our 7mm strokers. stroker cranks just gave us ridabilty on the low end in the sand ( i don't have to shift as much ). so if your looking for fast on flat ground spend your money on porting, reeds, stuff like that, leave the big motors to the steep and the deep!

The Vitos standard rod  4mm cranks are absolute JUNK! Go with the Wiseco crank....Jim

397128[/snapback]

Do not use the Vito's crank!!I know first hand they are junk!

use only wiseco for your reciprocating parts. unless you want a twister billet or something..........