BEST NGK SPARK PLUGS FOR PERFORMANCE

I run the resistors (bR9) because of my dyna fs, too.

If you are running a mildly modded Banshee, stick with b8es. They are cheap, you can get them everywhere, and they perform very well. Don't change heat ranges until you have a definate reason to. (nos,super high compression,ect...)

The BR8ES is a standard resistor spark plug with a 14mm thread, 13/16" hex, heat rating of 8, 19mm thread reach, and a 2.5 mm diameter center electrode.

The BR8EIX is a resistor spark plug with a 14mm thread, 13/16" hex, heat rating of 8, 19mm thread reach,and a high performance Iridium electrode.

I would guess that the BR8EIX will lighten your wallet more as well.

Wheatchex

For NGK plug info click here: Spark plug 411

go to the bottom and click on the NGK numbering chart for complete info as to what the number means.

Edited by Wheatchex

What is the difference between the NGK BR8EIX INDIUM and the NGK BR8ES

394906[/snapback]

Due to the properties of Iridium, the spark plug's centre electrode can be made with a much smaller diameter than with platinum, gold or gold palladium and copper/nickel types without sacrificing service life. The spark plug's potential difference is more concentrated at the tiny Iridium tip and hence less 'spark jump' voltage is required - this can be as much as 5,000 volts less than with standard plug types. Ignition is improved and less strain is placed on the ignition system.

Benefits of improved ignition/combustion include better fuel economy, increased power/acceleration and especially better throttle response.

Disadvantages are that they're a lot more expensive than standard plugs, and can be more difficult to 'read'.

Rare.

Actually Brugal you should be doing the opposite. The 8 is a "hotter" plug than the 9. The NGK numbers go from 1 to 12 with 12 being cold and the 1 being hottest. The numbering system basically tells you how well the plug disapates heat from combustion. A hotter plug does not remove heat as fast as a colder one. It also is an indication as to how well it will burn off the carbon deposits on the insulator. If you are fouling plugs a lot you should bump to the next samller number(NGK numbering system). Yamaha recomends the B9ES as the stock plug. Most people run the B8ES or BR8ES as they don't foul as readily.

Wheatchex

When its hot I use br8, when Im in cold temp I use br9.

395278[/snapback]

That sounds like a substitute for rejetting <_< . ... Running rich in warmer weather and leaner (more heat) in colder weather.

Actually Brugal you should be doing the opposite.

.018?

Fixit...I thought they were supposed to be .028 to .030....

395304[/snapback]

I've often read that 0.018" is a better gap setting to go with for higher compression motors so as to prevent blow out of the spark. ... Not sure about stock :shrugani: .

Rare.