BEST NGK SPARK PLUGS FOR PERFORMANCE

Ahh...got it. I know an old trick to see if the CDI was shot is to close the gap to .020 and see if it revs out better...

Never read that about higher comp, though...

Once Jeff gest my whole motor done and I get more comp...I'll have to give this a shot.

Good info...thanks.

:cheers:

C&P from NGK:

Spark plugs do not create heat, they can only remove heat.

The spark plug works as a heat exchanger by pulling unwanted thermal energy away from the combustion chamber, and transferring the heat to the engine's cooling system. The heat range is defined as a plug's ability to dissipate heat.

395371[/snapback]

I stand corrected :notworthy: .

Sorry Wheatchex for contradicting your explanation. It seems that I was under the wrong impression of some of the heat range properties.

Beem me up Scotty! :bolt:

Rare.

Actually Brugal you should be doing the opposite.  The 8 is a "hotter" plug than the 9.  The NGK numbers go from 1 to 12 with 12 being cold and the 1 being hottest.  The numbering system basically tells you how well the plug disapates heat from combustion.  A hotter plug does not remove heat as fast as a colder one.  It also is an indication as to how well it will burn off the carbon deposits on the insulator.  If you are fouling plugs a lot you should bump to the next samller number(NGK numbering system).  Yamaha recomends the B9ES as the stock plug.  Most people run the B8ES or BR8ES as they don't foul as readily.

Wheatchex

395291[/snapback]

Actuallly, thats what I meant, thanks for making the correction.I didnt mean to confuse anyone.Thanks again.