Finally beat that Honda!

80overShee

Its a proud day. My project Banshee finally beat my buddies 450R (he wont admit to it). Its not a run-of-the-mill 450 either. Its the HRC equipped kit and has a LRD Pro 4 full system. VERY fast...but not fast enough. I've been working for 3 months to beat that thing and I finally can. Pipes and pro flow K&N filter helped but in the end, it was the advanced timing, new clutch, pod filters and experience that got it done. :bolt:

Ya..........im proud of the money pit :headbang:

I beat the 450 with mine on the pavement, on the dirt i get blown in the hole lol!

394762[/snapback]

I took him in the hole 2 out of 3 times, the 3rd time it was a very close launch and I barely nosed in front. Very short racing though, maybe 250' or so.

Haven't raced any YFZ's but that 450R keeps up with most, beats some and gets beat by others. So I'd say hit or miss as of right now. I cant wait :headbang:

I love this thing now, 4th gear it hits the power band and claws for the sky on pavement.....1st-3rd go without saying. A friend of mine has a Blaster :yank: (ya, pathetic) and his favorite thing to do is wheelies, he lives for it. He tries to ride em on his Blaster but its hard with his custom brake setup (really hard), he rides for miles and does stunts on his bro's 400ex. He gets on mine yesterday, goes to clutch up a wheelie in 2nd and I come running out into the street "NOOOOO!!!" He stopped, then I told him to just punch it.....he did........and smacked the grab bar. He instantly stopped the bike, shut it off, jumped off and looked at me like I just showed him a million dollars. "I am not gettin back on that thing without a helmet!" This comin from teh guy that stunt rides crotch rockets without a helmet :headbang::headbang:

I think I might be done spending loot on the Shee for this summer, I've already dumped about $4k into it from the start. Unless I come across some good deals, I met my goal......SMOKE THAT "R"!

I do actually have a set of Trinity pipes (pipes only) on their way that I got for an excellent deal. I bought them just to resell them but might have to give em a shot. Anyone ever used em?

I think I might be done spending loot on the Shee for this summer, I've already dumped about $4k into it from the start.  Unless I come across some good deals, I met my goal......SMOKE THAT "R"! 

I do actually have a set of Trinity pipes (pipes only) on their way that I got for an excellent deal.  I bought them just to resell them but might have to give em a shot.  Anyone ever used em?

396841[/snapback]

You won't be sorry. Had these pipes on my stage11 350 motor. Now they are on my 535 10/mm These pipes pull hard. And they don't rust. Bought these pipes back in 1997 ;) .

• 2 weeks later...