fellow rider seriously injured

Nothing happened to the guy towing the jeep, I was there. I watched the whole thing happen. A friend (another member of this board) and I raced him quite a few times that afternoon. I had only taken a break from the strip two or three races before this happened. My dad was the first on the scene and helped this guy until they were able to heli him out, it wasn't pretty. Another friend and I went around collecting the familys things and we helped to get their truck loaded so they could drive to the hospital. I know one of his daughters saw the accident for sure and saw her dad laying there with his leg torn off. She had only gotten off the drag strip a few runs before this happened as well. It was quite disturbing knowing that I was right where he was only a couple of runs before, then hearing his daughter scream when she ran up to him.

People need to pay attention. :angry:

The jeep was being towed by a red dodge. A lady was driving the jeep with her very young son in the passenger seat. Nothing she could do but watch it happen.

The guy driving the dodge on the other hand.  banghead

392933[/snapback]

Its sucks when that happens.

It could have been he didn't know, or it could have been like what I've seen, he just didn't give a fuck.

I have seen people riding out at Sand Mountain at night with out lights, and deliberately cut people off that are out riding WITH lights.

You never know whats out there and whats going to happen. Just have to take every precaution you can and keep your head up.

Man I feel for the guys helping him. Been there a few times in my young age and its not easy. its no wonder after 10 years most people in the medic profession want out or are just non-emotional. He's damn and I emphasize damn lucky he'snot dead with a torn artery. Fellow firemans son tipped a 4x4 in thier front yard not dingmore than 5mph, shifter to the thigh popped his artery, guarentee if he wasn't a fireman/medic his son would be dead right now.

Man I can say from experience that family needs all the help they can get, and not financially if he had insurance as most kick major medical in around $5k in costs.

OK before I get way off-topic here I've only seen most all types of injuries/death and from experience family being there man They are gonna be torn up if you know their e-mail throw it to get all the support and to hear from so many people will help. Helped when I lost my sister,and I had well over the 200 peoplemark offering everything and everything. Just the people letting me talk and not thinking less of me as a man for balling really brought out the real friends.

The guy I worked from cali didn't know why I was tearing up when he nevermind I'm gonna derail this if I type anymore.

See if you can get thier e-mail the outpouring of support will help, any idea if they flew him to the U of Chi? or somewhere in MI.

that sucks..his child saw that wich is even worse..as far as the stupid fuck that towed a vehicle across the drags..he should be the one hurt...im guessing that if there was drags going on there was alot of people there?? i know that at gordenswell when the drags are going you cant miss them its a huge line of people watching on both sides..but i have seen people there cross right through the middle of the strip..i will never forget the time i saw a 9 year old kid get killed on the drag strip..he was with his parents who were partying with all their friends and werent watching the kids, one of the kids got on his bike..it was KX 65 AND RODE RIGT INTO THE STRIP..he got hit by a buggy that was going close to the 100mph mark...it was over for the poor kid before he even knew it..it just goes to show too many dumb people out there dont care about anyone else