hair scrambles

just courious how many of us here actualy do these races..and what area you race...i race s.california district 38

southern california district 38 desert racer here...what kind of terrain are you guys racing in the local areas?? out here its all natural desert terrain (baja style) the tracks are all natural washes, no man made help to them is allowed..it makes it hard to memorize a course we race because they change so much..we never see a wash or trail the same way twice

sounds like you guys need to take a trip out here and check out one of our courses...it goes from hard rocky dusty washes to sandy fast to bumpy as hell with in 5 feet..its all 100% natural desert terrain..we dont have jumps that kill you..you can see those comming..we have drop offs..that you dont see you are flying across a fast section of the course and go to the side to avoid a rock or a bush and ohhhhhh shit no more road its a 10 foot drop into a different wash...but it is funnnnnnnn as helll

• 2 weeks later...

our races out here take a summer break from april untill october..its tooooooo hot to ride the desert in the summer...not to mention if you break down or run out of water..its like 118+ on the desert floor..but october to april it averages 70 to 80 digrees..and it is perfect ridin weather..if you have the means i highly recomend coming out to the southern california deserts and trying a race..the only thing that sucks is the fact that you are racing against all the duncan and alba guys...last race i was at i got a kick ass start and the next thing i know wayne matlock goes flying by me making me look like a small child on an atc 70..but where else can you ride against pro's and maby just maby beat them

I raced today. Took home a 4th place finish in +30 class.

You know its a great feeling when your the only one out there on a banshee ,lot of guys talking shit and them ya beat em.. :cheers:

come up behind a group of 4-strokes stuck in the mud at the bottom of a hill, Ohh whats that ,the Ole' bald fuck on his banshee going right around them hahahahhahahahahahh whos laughing now!!! :cheers: