Best time for Glamis

John19

Planning a big trip from Oklahoma to glamis for around 5 days. We want to go when the weather is around the high 70's - 80's. Also a time where there are a good amount of people but not packed as hell. Never been but getting some plans together for a next year trip. Any information is really appreciated.

Do NOT go on a Holiday weekend. Not only are the crowds unreal, but the sand is chewed up. Pick a weekend far in between any kinda 3 day weeked holiday. Since you are there for 5 days you will be out mid week which is always the best! 70-80s? that would be November into February. Always warmer any other months.

To be quite honest, the hottest months are the best to go. No crowds and the best god damn sand you'll see. Winter months have a chance for rain and wet sand sucks.

Good idea to want to be around some other people "just in case". Especially if it is your first time out.

If you are looking for the "Glamis you see on videos", camp on Gecko rd. That is where the big names and big parties are. Expect to stay up late. Kinda cool to watch rireworks and idiots wreck in front of your camp.

I usually camp at the Washes on the other side of the dunes. Someties really dusty but tons of room for a big camping circle. The farther down you go the less people. Biggest problem down there is little kids riding circles for hours at a time. This being because it is a good place for kids to ride around tiny dunes and lots of room to keep an eye on the little ones.

WHAT UP DUDES i go every month from holloween to the end of march never really seen it below 70 deg i like the big weekends alot of good racing at the hills check it out your gonna have a blast :clap:

u dont want to mcuh people, but u want to see people out there adn great weathere, well T-Day its the best of the best, but u dont want to much people, Haloween si probably the second, and Prez Day the third, i will recomend u to go on new years or easter, even though maybe on easter it will be kind of hot, depends on hwo the year is, my best bet will be during Deccember, adn for the bes 3 day weekend right for u New Years.

Later, EV

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING from the Glamis Beach Store. There is a large boycott beginning with those fucks. They are screwing all the vendors who go out to Glamis during the season. Long story. Just don't go there. Everything you need will be with the other vendors. Whips to ice to sprockets to Tshirts to welding!

Boycott the Glamis Beach Store!

Try Boardmanville for lunch or dinner. They have the best Chili Cheese Fries and their beer on tap will F you up! Just ride under the railroad tracks at wash 10.

While riding anywhere on the flats, be careful of kiddie tracks! Little kids riding in figure 8s and circles cause these big ruts that will yard sale your ass if you hit them.

I camp at wash 6. Nice straight shot to Olds, and plenty of room around your camp.Plus the shops are close from there.

No kidding though, watch out for the kiddie tracks!! They will put a bad hurtin on ya!

I've been there at Thanksgivng, and Presidents day. Both times of year are awesome. But I liked it better in the spring for some reason.

im a gordenswell fan there is usualy too many people at glamis..the best way to do glamis on a busy weekend iscamp at gordenswell and ride to glamis for the day on the sand highway..its a long ride..the kiddys and wife probibly wont be able to take it..but if you have a descent 4wd truck or suv thats not so bad of an idea for the kiddys and wifey.that way you have a way to get extra gas for the day too..plus from gordenswell you can ride to butter cup too..and that the wife and kids can handle.as far of time of year to go..the weather is perfect from late october to mid may..presedents day is awlys a good time to go for a week..you get the 3 day weekend with the good crowds but on tuesday you got the place prety much to your self..i truly recomend if you are taking that far of a drive do get out here to glamis than hit glamis gordens well and buttercup in the week you are there..make the trip an even 6 or 8 days and do a 50/50 split that way you get to see and ride the entire section of dunes in southern cali.

• 3 weeks later...
While riding anywhere on the flats, be careful of kiddie tracks!  Little kids riding in figure 8s and circles cause these big ruts that will yard sale your ass if you hit them.

385334[/snapback]

I'm still recovering from one I hit last season, thought for sure I broke my wrist.

i hate those fucking things you cant see them untill you are right on top of it...and they hurt like hell when u hit them..you never ever come out of that situation in good standings

• 2 weeks later...