SAND MOUNTAIN

bansheeryder_69

depends on what sand mountain your talking about almost all the dunes have sand mountains that people from around there call sand mountain. the one from utah is preaty big. if thats the one you mean.

381605[/snapback]

SM Utah is about 600 feet of verticle. I think the top is around 800 but you can't ride to the top. There are trees and rocks n shit up there.

The only Sand Mountain we know of out in the Southwest is Sand Mountain, NV. One big dune. Out in the middle of nowhere. I think only "locals" ride it. God Damn Indians and BLM are trying to shut lots of it down due to a butterfly and Bullshit Indian religious beliefs.

The only Sand Mountain we know of out in the Southwest is Sand Mountain, NV.  One big dune.  Out in the middle of nowhere.  I think only "locals" ride it.  God Damn Indians and BLM are trying to shut lots of it down due to a butterfly and Bullshit Indian religious beliefs.

381661[/snapback]

Like the snake that made dumont and now the indians don't want riders to hurt their snake? WTF :shootself:

SM Utah is about 600 feet of verticle. I think the top is around 800 but you can't ride to the top. There are trees and rocks n shit up there.

381619[/snapback]

is that big all ive ridin is big sand mountain in utah so i dont know. is that big or just like average for a sand hill

Sand Mountain (Utah) is good riding!  I ride there almost every weekend :headbang:

382023[/snapback]

You are one lucky guy.

I haven't been there in about 3.5 years.

I love it out there, but other things like being buried up to my nut sack in work has kept me from going out there.

Might have to round up some buddies and make my way down there some time soon.

The 4th is always fun if the wind isn't blowing your tent off the ground and tumbling it through the desert. :angry:

I believe that Sand Mountain NV is about 650 to 700 feet of pure sand, no trees bushes or rocks up on the mountain just on the outskirts on the back side. The front side is steep, but the back side is even steaper and I was told that it is as steap as sand can pile before it starts to slide. The entire mountain moves about 3 inches per year, and eventually in say 2000 years it will flow into the next valley over. And yes there are groups that are trying their damnest to close down the dunes, because of some damn butterfly that I know lives elsewhere but they are trying to get it on the endangered species list.

What's the difference if they get caught in the grill of my Banshee or the grill of my truck. I think its bullshit as well because I have talked to people out there that say this butterfly also lives in other parts of Nevada. Its just a way for the environmentalists to close more riding areas.

Its more than locals that go out there. A lot of people come from California and to ride. This last memorial day weekend there were so many people out there that we ended up stopping in the middle of one of the roads and unloaded the bikes blocking the road. But hey we met some cool people from Carson City who are going camping with us over here in California.

Sand Mountain (Utah) is good riding!  I ride there almost every weekend :headbang:

382023[/snapback]

Sand Mountain in utah is a fun place to ride. There is always someone there willing to race...I'd always lose on my 400ex, but now that I have a banshee i cant wait to take it there. I may be going on July 2nd.