Advice

M-Marc

I want to add some more ponys to my shee, I do not want to do any kind of porting or machine work to the engine, but I was thinking of a noss head and a new back sproket maybe a 39 tooth, I have t-6's and a 15 tooth front sproket on it right now. I mostly ride on the street with friends, and I'm tired of being close to last, I want to be first. I really don't know the elavation level but I'm in Miami. If anyone have any suggestion's I will greatly appreciate it!!

I want to add some more ponys to my shee, I do not want to do any kind of porting or machine work to the engine, but I was thinking of a noss head and a new back sproket maybe a 39 tooth, I have t-6's and a 15 tooth front sproket on it right now. I mostly ride on the street with friends, and I'm tired of being close to last, I want to be first. I really don't know the elavation level but I'm in Miami. If anyone have any suggestion's I will greatly appreciate it!!

380248[/snapback]

Bolt ons will only add so much, porting will do wonders. But if thats what you wanna do, a noss head with smaller domes (minimum of 21cc for pump, but a 50/50 mix will be safe up to 19cc), a free flow filter, 28mm carbs, and reeds will start you off. What are your friends riding? If you wanna be first, a nice port job will work.

Bolt ons will only add so much, porting will do wonders. But if thats what you wanna do, a noss head with smaller domes (minimum of 21cc for pump, but a 50/50 mix will be safe up to 19cc), a free flow filter, 28mm carbs, and reeds will start you off. What are your friends riding? If you wanna be first, a nice port job will work.

380254[/snapback]

Serious ass kicking pony's can only be obtained with port work and proper pipes, along with a few other odds and ends. You can bolt on your ass off and spend much more money and not get near the gains as a set of good pipes and porting alone.....Jim

Serious ass kicking pony's can only be obtained with port work and proper pipes, along with a few other odds and ends. You can bolt on your ass off and spend much more money and not get near the gains as a set of good pipes and porting alone.....Jim

380329[/snapback]

i agree. just have it ported and lose the t6's...

nos, nos, nos!!!! for less than porting and set of pipes you can nitous your shee and have, what do you want?, 20 horses, 40 horses? people can say whatever, you push that button the bullshit is over, you win. that is a bolt on that porting will never touch.

Edited by wayfst

My experience with the T-6,I'd say get rid of them.At least get a T-5.Much better on top end with more mods. than a T-6.These guys know what they're talking about when they say get it ported.My friends with ported quadzillas were smoking me when my shee was just piped.Got it ported,and that stopped.BIG,BIG difference.Porting and a good set of pipes(shearer,cpi,etc..) is where the real power is at,and you don't have to worry about the nitrous bottle going empty.Power all the time.I also tried nearly all the bolt-ons.Trust me get it ported.

Edited by RDZ350

nos, nos, nos!!!! for less than porting and set of pipes you can nitous your shee and have, what do you want?, 20 horses, 40 horses? people can say whatever, you push that button the bullshit is over, you win. that is a bolt on that porting will never touch.

380382[/snapback]

Fast and Furiouser, those films have ruined Nitrous forever. A 20hp shot is really only a 20hp shot on a motor built to make it run right. Take a 35hp stock motor and spray it, you might find out your 20 shot netted you only 45hp when it's all said and done. Now take a "PORTED" 60hp bike built to be sprayed and might be closer to you desired 20hp gain.

Too may NOS, NAWZ, and many other stupid nicknames going around. NAWZ has become a household name for kids, ask any 14-20 year old with a Honda Civic, or a friends Honda, or their Mom's and they will almost all tell you that Nawz is "THE" way to go fast.

I love watching the learning curve of spraying something B)

wayfst,

This was directed at you in the slightest, please don't take that the wrong way. 19 out of 20 people that mention anything about nitrous never have and never should do anything more than inhale it(w/o the sulfur).

wayfst,

This was directed at you in the slightest, please don't take that the wrong way.  19 out of 20 people that mention anything about nitrous never have and never should do anything more than inhale it(w/o the sulfur).

380527[/snapback]

no worries dude, most of you guys are from back east (that's not always a bad thing). out here in the west i have two or three manufacturers of nitrous systems for ATVs and snowmobiles, so for us it is like changing a set of handlebars--it's not that odd. As far as a Fast and Furiouser--i had nos a loooooong time before that movie came out--and I didn't even see it until it was on cable. so i am relatively new to banshee hq and since my stay i have just been trying to push back the frontier of ignorance about nos regarding ATVs (and snowmobiles) because if you guys ever come out to St. Anthony's in Idaho, you are going to be horribly shocked and dismayed at the number of people running nitrous out here. our bottles may run out, but they made more! saying that your power is 'all bottle' as if that is a bad thing, well, that is like saying an unattractive woman knowing how to wear make-up and look sexy, is a bad thing for the woman--even though, does it matter that it's just make-up? it's cheaper than plastic surgery and you're probably still going to sleep with her. saying that, i'm not against porting or other modifications, obviously, look at my sig below. as far as modifications, i have gone a lot further than most everybody else on this board and run many, many different modification combinations, and STILL the biggest single gain was when i added nos. the only difference between my small piped motor and my 450 stroker that i have now is the 450 would just take more nos. so buy pipes, buy porting, this guy just asked for more horses without porting, i was just trying to accomodate, and nos is a cheaper option with larger gain than porting. so we're cool, if you guys would like to debate, let's debate....let the truth be told.

Edited by wayfst

i do see where you guys are coming from on the NOS subject. yea i think its cool and id like to fuck with it but in all reaility i dont have much use for it. when im hillclimbing theres not usually a point to where i could use it so i dont mess with it. if i were dragging id def have it tho. to me the idea of replacing porting with NOS seems kinda stupid. i would rather have power all the time than only when i hit a button, because eventually you will run out of NOS. the other problem here is that there is no where that will fill those little bottles. they do the big bottles for cars and shit but no1 will touch the little ones. so for someone who doesnt have erasy access to a place to have their bottle filled NOS isnt much of an option. in that case porting is gonna be their best power gain. dont get me wrong id love to try some NOS sometime. but i think itd get expensive for me because id be on it ALL the time. :rolleyes:

please try not to take what i said out of context. the original poster did not want to do any porting, he was asking for bolt-on horsepower. everybody else came at him with porting, i just simply told him what would be the best bolt-on for horsepower (the fact that it gives you more than porting is just a bonus). i was addressing his specific needs and questions without trying to change his mind about porting, and adding my personal experience. i do not know what you guys consider a "little" bottle, I run 2.5 and 3 lb. nitrous bottles on mine. one bottle will last about five hours on my banshee and two days on my snowmobile and I probably use it more than most. most people will discover when they add nitrous to their bike or machine, unless they are an extremely good rider, they will hit the button and immediately jump on the brake, so they are not expending a lot of nitrous with every hit, but they still get the horsepower. 2 seconds on the button feels like an hour. any more questions, please feel free to ask.

I was just saying that someone that isn't ready for porting, might not be ready to spray his quad. That's kind of what I was getting at with the fast and furious comment.

Loco,

I'm sure wayfst can give you a pretty good idea. It's more of just a good combonation of nitrous, fuel and the correct timing. I would think some form of programable igniton would have to come into play for the timing retard. It's really kind of a run rich with very little timing and tune from there. Lean and advance until you run right.