ARIZONA

Welcome to the valley, im in Mesa. there is tons of riding all over AZ. for in town East side we have desert wells rec area and sycamore creek, witch is the most popular i think for close in town rideing as for the west side Phnx i heard alote about 215 or 315 freeway exit that someone went out the with a cat and made tracks and jumps. But best bet is to buy some paddles cause we are only 3hours away from the sand capitol of the Uinted States (Glamis).We have the Cinders about 4 hours away up by flagstaff. great place for the summer to beat the heat.

here is another good site for info on riding in AZ

www.ridingarizona.com go here for great resources and places to ride. plus to find new rideing buddies. but must warn you most do not own banshees there are only 4 or 5 of us. shoot me your email address and when youll be here my friend has a toy hauler and we have our first trip to glamis already set when the season come back. :cheers:

Time to start riding Glamis! I'm in San Diego but I ride with a lot of guys from AZ. I reccomend GlamisDunes.com. Big, busy board with lots of people from Arizona. We go out at least one weekend a month in summer. There is a group of us out every weekend during the "season".

• 2 weeks later...
Time to start riding Glamis! 

378889[/snapback]

Yep. Glamis is King. You, my eastern friend, are in for a real treat.

The cinders in Flagstaff are pretty cool.(temp and riding area) Those volcanos get VERY steep.

I'm in Queen Creek (East Valley). Get with me around Halloween. We have a 25-30 rider group that spends most winter weekends at Glamis. We are gonna have 4 long travel Rails in camp this year. You gotta go on a rail ride. It will change your life. :evil:

• 3 years later...

New to Phoenix here as well and just got my first Banshee. Would like to find some people to ride with (if they don't mind my junker hanging around). Moved from TN and always had dirt bikes for motocross. Can't wait to catch some dune action myself!!!!!!!

Old post but here is an AZ update for all us Arizona folks.

Here is the link:

http://www.azgfd.gov/outdoor_recreation/ohvFAQ.shtml#3

We do have a new rule for bike riding that took into effect Jan 1, 2009 but enforcement won't really take start until June 1, 2009.

Edited by MistBanshee

You hit the nail on the head! I went to Gordons Well for the first time this past Thanksgiving and that was the best trip I have ever been on. I can't wait to go back!

Of the three duner places to ride...I rate 'em as:

#1. Glamis. Park either off Gecko Rd, near the Glamis store, or off the washes. Endless sand....great duning...Old's for dragging.

#2. Buttercup. Get off Grey Wells Rd and park on the wedge to the left of the circle near the entrance. Comp hill is close. Plenty of razorbacks and BIG bowls.

#3. Gordon's. A very distant 3rd comparatively. Small race hill and good dunes are a ways away. Go there after the others and you will not go back...

Post your upcoming trip(s) and maybe us locals will meet up!!

Of the three duner places to ride...I rate 'em as:

#1. Glamis. Park either off Gecko Rd, near the Glamis store, or off the washes. Endless sand....great duning...Old's for dragging.

#2. Buttercup. Get off Grey Wells Rd and park on the wedge to the left of the circle near the entrance. Comp hill is close. Plenty of razorbacks and BIG bowls.

#3. Gordon's. A very distant 3rd comparatively. Small race hill and good dunes are a ways away. Go there after the others and you will not go back...

Post your upcoming trip(s) and maybe us locals will meet up!!

Only been to Gordon's and some dunes at Buttercup oh and of course Comp hill.