Blown rear shock

Shane

As everyone knows there is a serious flaw in the stock rear shock. They have a bad sealhead design. If yours goes bad stop riding on it right away! The rear can be rebuilt pretty reasonably (we do it for $59.) but the more you ride on a blown shock the more things go bad inside. I hope this saves someone a little money. If anyone has a question about suspension i'm always glad to help. Advice is always free. Thanks....Shane

As everyone knows there is a serious flaw in the stock rear shock.

376557[/snapback]

Really? I never knew. I thought the rear shock on a stock banshee was ok enough for a stock bike. I've had several banshees and never had problems with their stock rear shock. All of my riding buddies (15+ banshees) never reported any "flaw". Abuse failure maybe, but not any flaws. Aftermarket shocks are much better, but as to a "serious flaw", I would have to call bullshit on you.

Edited by SANDSTAR

where are you located?  WHat does the shock rebuild include?

376885[/snapback]

We are out of Indiana. The rebuild includes a new sealhead, oil and nitrogen. Generally that is all that is needed unless it has been riden on quite a bit after it has blown.

Really? I never knew. I thought the rear shock on a stock banshee was ok enough for a stock bike. I've had several banshees and never had problems with their stock rear shock. All of my riding buddies (15+ banshees) never reported any "flaw". Abuse failure maybe,  but not any flaws. Aftermarket shocks are much better, but as to a "serious flaw", I would have to call bullshit on you.

377380[/snapback]

I guess I have to agree with you somewhat. The rear shock could be better described as not able to hold up to more advanced riding styles. None the less, there is a reason why used Banshee shocks bring $120. on Ebay and others don't. Supply and demand!

We are out of Indiana. The rebuild includes a new sealhead, oil and nitrogen. Generally that is all that is needed unless it has been riden on quite a bit after it has blown.

377398[/snapback]

So your sealhead is improved over stock?? Is there any custom setup for weight etc?? What are the exact improvments to be expected from your rebuild?? And what is your turnaround time??

Brad

right jack that would cost you extra. One piece of bubble gum would be 25 cents and two would be 50 cents. He is telling you the basic is $59. I think they charge $300 for zero preload dual springs and all that jazz

Edited by squish

right jack that would cost you extra.  One piece of bubble gum would be 25 cents and two would be 50 cents

378969[/snapback]

Thats where your wrong. The right comparison would be that your at a bubblegum blowing contest and you can either buy a piece of wrigley's for 50cents or a thing of bubbletape for 1.50

It all depends if you wanna sit there cracking your gum or blow some decent bubbles......