5.6 gallon gas tank

i am thining of getting the 5.6 gallon tank for my sheei was woundering if the extra weight when full is an issue with handleing? i ride 90% sand dunes but im just getting going in racing too

I'd be more concerned with the shape/ergos than I would be the weight...

I'm sure you won't notice the extra 5 or 6 lbs with fuel/tank added, but...it might feel a bit funny movign around.

5.6 Gallons? Got a pic and/or source. I ride some pretty big trail loops, and extra range would be nice!

i got the ims 5.6 gallon on mine its great you have soooooooo much fuel

its wider higher and goes farther forward then the stock one

but all and all its not awkward, i didnt notice any difference

the only bad thing is you have to cut the sides off you front frenders that normally came back over your stock tank

so if you feel like putting your stock tank back on pick up an extra set of front fenders or its going to look really ugly

heres a pic of mine

sorry if the picture is huge i think it is

o ya your bars will rub a bit when you crank them all the ways either way, so a set of risers or longer steering stem would be nice, but it doesnt rub so much that it shortends up your turning radius at all

well worth it

a neat feature also is you can see your fuel level from the outside the tank instead of looking in your tank is semi-clear, look at my picture you can see the fuel level in it, its neat i like it

Edited by macgillivary

Guest turbodohc20
i got the ims 5.6 gallon on mine its great you have soooooooo much fuel

its wider higher and goes farther forward then the stock one

but all and all its not awkward, i didnt notice any difference

the only bad thing is you have to cut the sides off you front frenders that normally came back over your stock tank

so if you feel like putting your stock tank back on pick up an extra set of front fenders or its going to look really ugly

heres a pic of mine

sorry if the picture is huge i think it is

o ya your bars will rub a bit when you crank them all the ways either way, so a set of risers or longer steering stem would be nice, but it doesnt rub so much that it shortends up your turning radius at all

well worth it

a neat feature also is you can see your fuel level from the outside the tank instead of looking in your tank is semi-clear, look at my picture you can see the fuel level in it, its neat i like it

375962[/snapback]

I had a 5.6 tank, they are ugly as hell. Sold it on eBay :yank:

id love to take a picture of just the tank and post it but my bike is in the shop right now

they are plain looking new cuz there is nothing on them but put some stickers on it like mine, and the look pretty good

pricing, well i got it on ebay for under a hundred bucks

ebay is great when you dont want to spend a ton of money

it kinda sucks because the color you want may not be there but if your patient you will find it soon enough

Edited by macgillivary

I've got the 5.6 tank. Only two complaints, it's ugly and stickers won't stay on (tried to dress it up). Got it on my '03 with no trouble of bars hitting the tank, can go full lock to lock turning. Later bikes seem to have taller bars. I saved my original fenders and got a race cut one to alter. The black tank does not show the fuel through the plastic. Also, radiator cover is kinda hokie on attachement, but never lost it yet. Had mine for over a year, hate running out of fuel on trail rides.

i am thining of getting the 5.6 gallon tank for my sheei was woundering if the extra weight when full is an issue with handleing? i ride 90% sand dunes but im just getting going in racing too

375902[/snapback]

A little, yes. Mine pushes in the corners a little more but it's well worth the tradeoff not havin' to pit halfway through a race, and I'll get my shocks replaced/revalved eventually anyway...

• 2 weeks later...
I'd be more concerned with the shape/ergos than I would be the weight...

I'm sure you won't notice the extra 5 or 6 lbs with fuel/tank added, but...it might feel a bit funny movign around.

5.6 Gallons?  Got a pic and/or source.  I ride some pretty big trail loops, and extra range would be nice!

375944[/snapback]

ims sells one ans it runs about 225 ball park..i tryed motoworld and they mark it up sky high..but then again motoworld is a rip off in the first place...check ims or parts unlimited...or you can call my place i get parts from its called california motor sport center (CMC) they have the best prices around..619-258-5613.

Look into a clark tank they have the little scoops on the side like the oem banshee plastics, and look much better.

personally I can't stand the look of the large tanks, like where the fuel cap is raised.....yuk!!

I've seen stock tanks that people pumped up with compressed air to "pop" the tank out in order for it to hold more fuel. I'm not sure how much volume you would gain. Maybe someone has a bit more info on this.....

I've seen stock tanks that people pumped up with compressed air to "pop" the tank out in order for it to hold more fuel. I'm not sure how much volume you would gain. Maybe someone has a bit more info on this.....

383132[/snapback]

i think it could be possible. but I dont think the gas tank plastic would fit. some people put boiling water in their 5gal tanks to soften them and then blow it with compressed air to get around 6 gallons.