1/8th mile dragstrip

race-a-holic

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might but they might be to bigg  their are sticky and 22 inch tall    to much for me!! the motor will be ready this week.  i hope!!can't wait!!!!!

375140[/snapback]

I would like to try them,but if they're too much for yours then my bike probably won't even turn them over.

I have heard the track in Dyersburg has opened back up this year and is allowing ATV's to run. Any of you heard this?

I would be up for a trip to George's. I just hate to drive over 2 hours down and not be able to run. I think I remember how to get there. Is that hwy 412 from Kennett over then go through Paragould and follow the signs?

Dont know if you guys know but there is a track in Amarillo Texas that tells you your et, reaction time, mph, and everything else. I race a monte carlo but my two buddies brought their quads along. YFZ 450 vs. shee. 450 took him out of the hole but the shee ran him down and spanked him. You can run to 1/8 mile and criuse to the end or run it all the way throughthe quater. the she ran 13.5 in the quater and the 450 was like 14.5. Cant remember the 1/8 mile times.

I have heard the track in Dyersburg has opened back up this year and is allowing ATV's to run.  Any of you heard this?

I would be up for a trip to George's.  I just hate to drive over 2 hours down and not be able to run.  I think I remember how to get there.  Is that hwy 412 from Kennett over then go through Paragould and follow the signs?

376281[/snapback]

Let me know if you decide to go sometime,and I'll meet you somewhere.You do have to turn off of 412 once you get into Paragould.If you guys ever want to get ahold of me just PM me.

Hey guy when are we going to try to go to George's?? Suppose to get my motor back thur!!!  :D  Let me know guy's!

379024[/snapback]

Haven't got the wheelie bar fixed yet.Hopefully will be ready in a week or two.

Anybody ever been to the Dyersburg track.I haven't,but I have been to the track at Sikeston.Don't think Sikeston will let you run quads,but they have a good track for cars.Like how they run the classes too.

• 2 weeks later...
When are we going Guys!!!!  I'm about ready. :evil:

384020[/snapback]

I should be getting my wheelie bar fixed today.So maybe this sunday.Haven't made up my mind whether to go to george's or newport.A friend of mine is wanting to see how fast his' dodge desiel will be.He's done some mods to it.He thinks it will run in the 10's.I don't know.I like newport better due to them being more quad friendly,but george is closer for me.I'll let you know later this week if we are for sure going.If we do,is any one else in?Which track would you rather go to?

Well we went to george's sunday.Had a good time.It was hot.Probably in the mid-90's,and no shade.It run an 8.44,two-8.41's,and an 8.37.I was using nearly slick stock banshee tires.I had my wheelie bar on and really didn't need it.I need some slicks for it.What I'm the most proud of is,I beat a crotch rocket.I smoked him off the line,and he couldn't catch me. :bolt: I'm not sure what size it was,but still didn't expect to beat him.

Oh,and my friend with the diesel ran 10.60.Not bad for a Dodge 4+4,extended cab,dually.

Edited by RDZ350

At the track I was at,you don't get R/T,60ft.,etc...Not even a time slip.They just call out your times.I think slicks would definitely help.It may be time for some new clutches too.Remember the porting I got is not an all out drag port.I still have a few more things to try to see if I can get in the 7's.

The slicks should help alot.It never even tried to lift the front end.I'm thinking traction problem.On dirt tracks,it will lift the front end through at least 3rd.This could be slipping clutches too.Not really sure.I was using struts all the way around.I'm wondering if shocks on the front would let it lift some and maybe help put more weight on the tires.Any ideas?

About the traction, I would raise the ride height until it hooks like you want it too. The only problem is that if you get to high the bike wont be very stable at high speeds. It sounds like your bike has potential but you just have to get the chassis tuned in.

I have a gas 350, only a 4 over without slicks or wheelie barand I have ran a 7.37 at 88mph,and thats with too much gear.