Banshee and RZ?

The RZ has an electrical controlled powervalve. The valve itself will raise and lower the exhaust roof altering exaust timing. In a nutshell, strong bottom end while still having great top end. Do a search or ask away. This has been discussed a few times, but it seems to fade away. I had a stock stroke RZ for two years and am building a stroker right now.

Unfortunately, quite a few people avoid this conversion because of the wiring, it really isn't much but a headache. The time spent will be well worth it. There will be an RZ mill in some form in my Banshee for as long as I own it, I will never go back to a non PV motor.

The RZ has an electrical controlled powervalve.  The valve itself will raise and lower the exhaust roof altering exaust timing.  In a nutshell, strong bottom end while still having great top end.  Do a search or ask away.  This has been discussed a few times, but it seems to fade away.  I had a stock stroke RZ for two years and am building a stroker right now.

Unfortunately, quite a few people avoid this conversion because of the wiring, it really isn't much but a headache.  The time spent will be well worth it.  There will be an RZ mill in some form in my Banshee for as long as I own it, I will never go back to a non PV motor.

369443[/snapback]

im working on a 4mm rz also.just trying to sell one of my extra motors

I too have been working on an  stroker rzshee. For about 2 years. Wiring is a bitch. Pm me if you need a wiring harness diagram with just what you need to run the powervalves work. I had my rz shee going and the cdi went out. Felt real strong.

369571[/snapback]

I'm looking forward to the new motor. I don't think I could actually get more low end on a Banshee than this new set-up. My old Patriot ported RZ jugs were pretty fast, but no faster than a well ported Banshee. It's the way they make power that has kept my interest.

I think this should be the best of both world. RZ jugs, stroker crank, Banshee clusters, rz forks and drums. I kind of picked the best parts from both motors for my type of riding and mushed them into one. I will never know the HP on it, just have to go by my grin meter, it's more accurate than a dyno any day.

Did you have the stroker motor running?

I will never know the HP on it, just have to go by my grin meter, it's more accurate than a dyno any day.

371125[/snapback]

You will have to get that thing dyno'ed you know! This "grin meter" doesn't fly with me. :P

You will have to get that thing dyno'ed you know!  This "grin meter" doesn't fly with me.  :P

371136[/snapback]

Nah, dynos to me are really just there to get jetting dialed in and inflate egos. No matter what I build, it will always have 60hp. My last one had 60, the new one will have 60 also. Banshees and RZs both can make the same peak hp, RZs just do it in places a Banshee never could.

The grin meter means more to me than bragging rights ever could.

I wouls love to take a trail ride and actually find out how many times a Banshee motor shifts compared to an RZ. I hardly ever shift this thing, if it falls off the pipe just give it more throttle and it will pull right back up.

I'm interested to see how the extra ports help, and if the PV can eliminate that infamous flat spot.

Wow.....Reason I asked...is I found a wiseco .020 over kit with pro lites the ad said BANSHEE/RZ kit. This totally threw me off track since I have never really dwelled on the RZ image too much, even though I've heard it numerous times. Thanks everyone for the comments thus far. :clap:

If anyone is interested in a set of ported RZ jugs with head cut for 100 octane, let me know. I have quite a few RZ parts that will not work with the +4 crank, so they all need to go. Engine trix aluminum RZ head with 20cc domes will also be up for sale, it's brand new but has been installed on a motor.

The pistons for an RZ are exactly the same as a Banshee's.