What am I looking at?

I did a serch for TORS removal and got confused when I saw two different kits. One is idle screws, a drill it and tap. Theother is al that plus new cable and caps. Which kit do I need?

In addition, my carbs already have idle screws but the TORS is still hooked up. Do I install two more for a total of 4 screws?

I added pics of what I am looing at.

69854776837_3300[1].jpg

69854958085_3300[1].jpg

Edited by DigglerD

KInda weird they would install the idle screws, and leave the tors tops on. Anyways, you only need new carb tops, and throttle cable. I would make sure those idle screws are functioning properly first. AS you screw those idle screws in make sure they lift the slides smoothly.

I agree with both of the guys above.  Someone did all the hard work for you, caps and a cable and you'll be all set.

367023[/snapback]

I had the banshee acting up las weekend at pismo, it would pop and sputter every now and then...would this cause that? The ebrake was already disconnected...

I had the banshee acting up las weekend at pismo, it would pop and sputter every now and then...would this cause that?  The ebrake was already disconnected...

367036[/snapback]

My guess is : check the wiring that comes from your tors units. A black wire that runs from it causes shees to sputter out. Since I got the tors removel kit, I haven't had a problem. Just make sure you always pay attention to how your throttle reacts after the tors removal ( if you go that route) and you'll be fine... watch for delay of thottle closure. Keep the cable lubed well and if lubed well and it still hangs alittle..check for frayed cable...just general maintance.

When does it sputter? @ idle? You can run those tops the way they are for now. Like stated above disconnect all connections, from the tors black box, carbs, there is also one to the parking brake located around the steering stem. Removal of those tors carb tops just makes jetting changes alot easier, and cleans up the bike alot.

When does it sputter? @ idle? You can run those tops the way they are for now. Like stated above disconnect all connections, from the tors black box, carbs, there is also  one to the parking brake located around the steering stem. Removal of those tors carb tops just makes jetting changes alot easier, and cleans up the bike alot.

367174[/snapback]

On acceleration