3" Lift for a Dodge. Good price?

I have been going crazy trying to find a decent 3" lift for my 98 x-tra cab Dodge 4X4. I found a pro-comp lift with aluminum front coil spacers, add a leafs for the rear, new U-Bolts and 4 ES 3000 shocks for 466 bux. Good deal or not? What exactly are "ES 3000" shocks? Never heard of em.

Thanks.

Not a bad price, but I'd stay away from the ES3000's from Pro Comp, they ride like shit. Most 3" lifts will consist of the front coil spacers and will require longer shocks. I'm using a Prothane front coil spacer with Ranch RS9000X shocks, works well for me clears 295/75/16's just fine and I can still bring the caster into OEM specs. Good luck.

Not a bad price, but I'd stay away from the ES3000's from Pro Comp, they ride like shit.  Most 3" lifts will consist of the front coil spacers and will require longer shocks.  I'm using a Prothane front coil spacer with Ranch RS9000X shocks, works well for me clears 295/75/16's just fine and I can still bring the caster into OEM specs.  Good luck.

366748[/snapback]

dunedemon do you have a dodge also? (diesel? )

hes right es3000s suck ass! go with ranchos, or bilestiens. (sp?)

2001 cummins with full 4" exhaust, BD chip and K&N filter intake. also got 3 gauge pillar with egt, tranny and boost. 16x10 helo maxx 8 rims with some 305/70/16 off brand AT tire. 3 inch lift from tuff country. i think i paid about 475 for it a few years ago.

heres a video of it going thru some deep ass water at my grannys.

Click here and then download....

gallery_8710_195_1115675068.jpg

gallery_8710_195_1115674968.jpg

If your just goin 3", all you really need is the longer coil(or spacer)for the front, and an add a leaf, block, or spring pack for the rear. You can get away without replacing the shocks, but i'd replace em anyway...

Anything more then 3 inches, you'll have to start replacing steering stuff, and your control arms.

Oh and even if you just do the basic 3 inch lift....get rid of that POS track bar...

If you plan on going with larger tires, keep an eye on your hubs....they like to gernade with out warning.. banghead

i love my Dodge, but...... banghead

Edited by Otis

Well I pieced together a pretty good deal I think, I got 3" coil spacers for the front, 3" add a leafs for the rear, new U bolts and 4 rough country 8000 series shocks for 322 bux delivered to my door.  Good deal I think.

367891[/snapback]

sounds like a hell of a deal to me.

I would throw a body lift in that biatch as well. Then ya got 6" total ,and enough to clear some 37" rubber. 35" if you wheel hard. My stock hubs were junk on my Dodge, and when they went for the last time, I swapped to a hi-pinion reverse rotation Dana 60 with manual lockouts and serviceable wheel bearings. :) Man, is that ever the cat's nuts axle for a pickup. King pins, crossover steering. Worked well. And the bearings survived life with 44" boggers. With a 3" lift, you should replace the lower links with slightly longer ones. But, everyone gets by on an acceptable caster angle without replacing them. :unsure: The factory trac bar is junk. It will be junk several times over unless you purchase a better unit. The upper ball joint likes to wear prematurely. No matter how much you grease it.

OK, I've been searching various Dodge sites and opinions vary greatly on whether or not I need a track bar bracket, which I guess lowers the track bar so as to keep your wheels aligned. (Be advised, I dont even know what a friggin track bar IS at this point, but I'm learning :blink: ) Also what has been thrown around alot is whether or not I need lower control arms. Now keep in mind I'm only goin 3" with spacers for the front and an add a leaf in the rear. Also, anyone have any experience with the Rough Counry 8000 series shocks? Thanks for the help to this point. Oh, I'm gonna be installing all in a few weeks, so I'll be asking for all the help I can get when I do.

I got a 3" rancho suspension and a 3" body lift on my 97 SLT...if all you are wanting is a 3" lift order one from rancho..it comes with 3" rear blocks and 3" spacers on the front along with RS9000 shocks...i got 35x12.50 Remington Mud Brutes on mine right now...i can tuck 37's but i drive to much highway...and yes watch ur hub assemblies/spindles LOL...i was driving down the road about 2 months ago and my wheel bearing siezed and ate through my front axle..and it broke my spindle,tie rod,caliper,brake line,new wheel and tire,axle,knuckle,pretty much my whole front right side...$2500 to fix...