Time for new clutch

NickyPap

Today I fired it up and pulled the clutch hit first and no go. sprayed the cable and lower section that pivots w/ wd40 and rode off. noticed what seems like wheel spin. At high rpms like when the powerband kicks in seems like my clutch is being pulled in half way. came back noticed I was alittle low on oil. added and it helped but still slippin' at high revs.well not really slippin like jerkin or catchin but more like wheel spin. hoping its not the tranny and just the clutch going.

first time shopping for clutches (still hoping that is the problem) what do you all suggest. I'm leaning towards Barnnet.

Any help will be appreciated!

How's the tranny oil? I change mine very often (but I ride the sand, bigtime stress on the trans). If you haven't changed it in a while, why not see what comes out? Trans is most likely OK, but it's nice to be running clean oil at all times. Clutch slippage due to wear is usually a slow process. If it started slipping all at once, I'd be looking at the cable hanging up. To do this, go down to the clutch arm at the case and make sure it's not rock hard. You want just a slight bit of play there when the clutch lever is out. Same thing at the lever, just a little play there. As far as brands go: I like my Toomey clutch, but it's real grabby & agressive. I probably wouldn't buy one for dirt riding.

Ditto what Loco said. Tusk makes a decent clutch for non-high horsepower shees...via RMATV.

Too bad they've been out of stock since February.

Call FAST racing...I just got mine a couple weeks ago. Best 95 I spent.

Jeff's a super nice guy...

I was in your dilemna at the beginning of the month....:)

Damn I need to learn how to be patient, ordered barnnet kit before I got home from work -didn't think I needed a new basket so I skipped that.

well I just wanted to say thanks for the tips and s/deamon thanks I'll check it out.

Edited by NickyPap

I just put a new barnnet in the banshee last weekend ,very happy with the results

I would put three of the stock springs that come with it and three of the heavy duty ones for a easier pull at the perch.

They don't send any instructions either.

Need any advise ,let us know!!!

I'm assuming it the original factory clutch?

If so...throw away the large rubber O Rings when you put the new clutch in.

If it's been replaced by an aftermarket before, the O Rings will already be gone.

I was close to ordering one...but, Tusk was out...and a Barnett or EBC from Magic was 89.99....

I figured what they hey...for another 5 bucks I can get a clutch that's been working in 80 to 100HP Shees. Where, I'm not even 1/2 that...yet...:)

I put all 6 HD Springs in mine...it's a stiffy. But, I also have a brand new cable and ez pull lever. Something I'd strongly advise you to look into!

Good luck...