gas mileage? and truck question

what should i get ? im lookin for good price , qaulity, reliabilty  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

im sure alot of you have trucks ... what kind of truck do you have and what kinda gas mileage does it get ????

im lookin to buy a new truck this summer but am having mixed feelins about what to get, im a chevy guy myself but... chevy seems to be more expensive then fords, and i also like the looks of the new fords, but then there is the gas mileage thing... so maybe i should go with a chevy colorado ? or gmc canyon?

also if u know any known problems with them let me know ... that will help me choose also ..

choose one: ( keep in mind price + qaulity ) wanna try for $20,000 to $29,000 or less lol

1. ford f 150 with off road package crew cab

2. chevy 1500 crew cab

3. chevy colorado

4. gmc canyon

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 mph in the city w/ my 2.2 s-10....not too sure what kind of motors are in the Colorados. I would ask yourself if you really NEED a v8 4x4. I would love a full-size 4x4...but being a commuting college student w/ a part time job, that wouldn't be a very smart investment. The colorados are starting to grow on me, I didn't like 'em at first. (I'm buying a 2500 ram as soon as I get out of school!)

i have a full size 93 blazer, 350. yeah is sucks the gas down, about 12-14 mpg, but i will never have another little truck again. had an s-10 with a 2.5l. it barely pulled itself up a hill much less with my banshee on the back. i guess it depends on what you want it for, if your gonna do any towing/hauling. my blazer is my 4x4, family vehicle, and powerhouse all in one. serves any purpose. i wouldn't be happy with anything smaller, even if it did save me $$ on gas. B)

The Canyon and the Colorado are the same truck other then a few cosmetics.My wife has a 03 Chevy Trailblazer EXT,and I drive a 89 Chevy Silverado.My 89 isn't the best to look at,but it has 605,000 miles on it.It's been rebuilt befor,but that's alot of miles for a truck.

I have a 2000 silverado reg cab short bed.

I get between 12 and 16 mpg empty. Its

nice to have the v8 but man i tell you what

it hits the wallet hard it costs like 260 a month

to put gas in it. thats more than my insurance.

banghead i dont think i'll have a 4banger again

been down that road no power at all.