Best bang for the buck?

J-Madd

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll check out ericgorr.com. Anyone know the turnaround time on porting my cylinders with gorr?

Also..I'm looking at the Vitos 68mm monoblock kit. Comes with everything and keeps a broad powerband, for 1595.00..ready to bolt on. Supposed to be up to 90 hp at rear wheels.

Anyone have this??

I'll check out ericgorr.com. Anyone know the turnaround time on porting my cylinders with gorr?

Also..I'm looking at the Vitos 68mm monoblock kit. Comes with everything and keeps a broad powerband, for 1595.00..ready to bolt on. Supposed to be up to 90 hp at rear wheels.

Anyone have this??

351446[/snapback]

last time someone had their shit done i think it was 2 weeks. i would just give him a call. he usually answers and will tell u everything u need to know. also, that vitos shit sounds like a ripoff...

last time someone had their shit done i think it was 2 weeks. i would just give him a call. he usually answers and will tell u everything u need to know. also, that vitos shit sounds like a ripoff...

351554[/snapback]

vitos website click here

Scroll about half way down the page, and you'll see the Monoblock kit.

Edited by J-Madd

i dont need to look at it. i wouldnt own anything from vito's. in fact, i dont know of anyone runnin his shit....maybe theres a reason why?

352072[/snapback]

Not that I'm doubting you, but aren't V-force Reeds Vito's? :confused:

I'll probably just get a good mx or woods port, maybe stroke it, don't know yet.

vitos website click here

Scroll about half way down the page, and you'll see the Monoblock kit.

351794[/snapback]

I have a friend looking at buying this. Help me talk him out of it. He has FMF SSTs, K&N, and Boyesen reeds/cage. He doesn't want to go the port route because it seems he cannott keep his SSTs if he does that. He was told by the Vito's rep that he could keep his SSTs with this kit.

Can he get a woods or mx port and run FMF SSTs? :unsure: Has anyone done this? Also, as far as what I've decided for mine, I'd like to buy some stock cylinders and send them off to Eric Gorr, so I can keep riding on mine. I've got my YFZ :dance: , but I'm a sucker and let my broke buddies ride it banghead

I have a friend looking at buying this. Help me talk him out of it. He has FMF SSTs, K&N, and Boyesen reeds/cage. He doesn't want to go the port route because it seems he cannott keep his SSTs if he does that. He was told by the Vito's rep that he could keep his SSTs with this kit.

Can he get a woods or mx port and run FMF SSTs? :unsure:  Has anyone done this? Also, as far as what I've decided for mine, I'd like to buy some stock cylinders and send them off to Eric Gorr, so I can keep riding on mine. I've got my YFZ :dance: , but I'm a sucker and let my broke buddies ride it banghead

352416[/snapback]

dude just tryin to sell something. he can most def get a woods port and keep his SST's.

i wouldnt be wasting my hard earned money on vitos mono block 90rwhp? i dont think so ,thats a pretty high number <_< i would get my stock cylinders ported if i were you .small displacement twins will make great power but its gonna be alot higher up the rpm scaleto hit the big numbers on them compared to a 350 single :cheers:

i wouldnt be wasting my hard earned money on vitos mono block 90rwhp? i dont think so ,thats a pretty high number  <_<  i would get my stock cylinders ported if i were you .small displacement twins will make great power but its gonna be alot higher up the rpm scaleto hit the big numbers on them  compared to a 350 single  :cheers:

352517[/snapback]

The Vitos kit is a twin cylinder in one block. The term monoblock is misleading, I know. I've decided that Vito's is crap anyway. Besides what everyone has said, I've got a friend that bought a Fat Bastard pipe for a blaster from them and the chrome is peeling off after 1 day of riding!

Need more opinions on porting and SSTs, though. Many have said that it shouldn't be done. I even remember the thread talking about TR6s and why they shouldn't be ran on ported cylinders, but don't remember if it was definitive as to whether SSTs are ok.

Thanks all.

Need more opinions on porting and SSTs, though. Many have said that it shouldn't be done. I even remember the thread talking about TR6s and why they shouldn't be ran on ported cylinders, but don't remember if it was definitive as to whether SSTs are ok.

352807[/snapback]

The deal with TR6's is that they are not as good as TR5's on ported motors, but TR6's are better than TR5's on a stock port motor. You'll be fine with SST's.