Best bang for the buck?

J-Madd

Looking at Cheetah Cubs with stroker and port or porting stock cylinders and stroking it :yank: ..<-------oh no not that way. Seriously, I want some power. I don't want an all out drag bike. I like to ride trails and go FAST! My mods are in my sig. What do I need? Money is of little option :dance: , but I don't want to get ripped off. :shootself:

Edited by J-Madd

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

785-364-5325. Jeff Wendorff of FAST Racing. Give him a call. He built me an AWESOME all around motor. Got the dyno sheet to prove it. Motor hauls some ass. If you call, tell him Stephen Clark sent you. Oh yeah, and his motors seem to like Rocket pipes!

785-364-5325. Jeff Wendorff of FAST Racing. Give him a call. He built me an AWESOME all around motor. Got the dyno sheet to prove it. Motor hauls some ass. If you call, tell him Stephen Clark sent you. Oh yeah, and his motors seem to like Rocket pipes!

350492[/snapback]

I like my Toomeys. Aren't Rockets drag pipes? :confused: I don't want a drag bike. (But I want to smoke my buddies Craptor with about 2 grand in mods..I used to beat him terribly without all of my mods. I haven't gotten to race since he modded his more {Stage 4 cam?, forged hi comp. piston, others} but it's pretty fast.)

But I may give him a call and check his prices, depending on what everyone else recommends. Thanks stclark816

Okay, if you're going to start biggest bang for the buck as far as cylinders go it seems the cubs are on their way.

Porting route

Piston kit $160

Crank $500

Porting up to $500

Head or head mod $85 to $215

Then you'll end up wanting bigger carbs, reeds, filters, ... all the extra's

cub route

Cylinders with porting about $1000

Crank $500

Head mod (you can use a stock head with these cylinders though)

Piston kit $160

Bore and hone $55

But you can sell your cylinders you have now, break pretty close to even with the port route and have good pwr with stock components.

It's a toss up. I haven't seen any (no engine builders) posting dynos for the cubs yet. They are still in development. Also, everyone will expect your bike to fly because of aftermarket cylinders.

Edited by fixitrod

Okay, if you're going to start biggest bang for the buck as far as cylinders go it seems the cubs are on their way.

Porting route

Piston kit $160

Bore and hone $55

Crank $500

Porting  up to $500

Head or head mod $85 to $215

Then you'll end up wanting bigger carbs, reeds, filters, ... all the extra's

cub route

Cylinders with porting about $1000

Crank $500

Head mod (you can use a stock head with these cylinders though)

Piston kit $160

Bore and hone $55

But you can sell your cylinders you have now, break pretty close to even with the port route and have good pwr with stock components.

It's a toss up. I haven't seen any (no engine builders) posting dynos for the cubs yet. They are still in development. Also, everyone will expect your bike to fly because of aftermarket cylinders.

350625[/snapback]

Delete that "bore & hone" you mentioned in the cub rte.

cubs are NOT play cylinders. i rode 01bansheeke's bike with the cubs and the power comes on around 6000 rpm. thats not what you want for dickin around and trail riding. when the powers comes on it comes on hard and violently. they are drag and maybe dune cylinders.

cubs are NOT play cylinders. i rode 01bansheeke's bike with the cubs and the power comes on around 6000 rpm. thats not what you want for dickin around and trail riding. when the powers comes on it comes on hard and violently. they are drag and maybe dune cylinders.

350736[/snapback]

That's what I've been wanting to hear. Seat of the pants.

350736[/snapback]

So for my type of riding (i.e. dicking around), I wouldn't want these? Anyone else rode the cubs?

Looking at Cheetah Cubs with stroker and port or porting stock cylinders and stroking it :yank: ..<-------oh no not that way.  Seriously, I want some power. I don't want an all out drag bike. I like to ride trails and go FAST! My mods are in my sig. What do I need? Money is of little option :dance: , but I don't want to get ripped off. :shootself:

350489[/snapback]

Just get a port job $ 225-300

Wiseco 4mm stroker $500-550

cut cool head domes $ 50

Since you run 100 octane set up for 180 lbs compression. 30 carbs are plenty big.stock cylinders run great if ported right,you dont need to buy other cylinders.I do porting,and my 350 has beat many bigger setups .Good luck

So for my type of riding (i.e. dicking around), I wouldn't want these? Anyone else rode the cubs?

350802[/snapback]

i dont really think cubs will make u happy. sure ull have like 80 hp but its gonna be from 6000rpm and up. you wont have shit down low. how about a gorr woods port with some topend mods like some t5s or something and bigger carbs? you could prolly even go 4mm stroker with that porting and have some unreal torque numbers. talk about a stump puller.

i dont really think cubs will make u happy. sure ull have like 80 hp but its gonna be from 6000rpm and up. you wont have shit down low. how about a gorr woods port with some topend mods like some t5s or something and bigger carbs? you could prolly even go 4mm stroker with that porting and have some unreal torque numbers. talk about a stump puller.

350973[/snapback]

I have T5s and PWK 30mm carbs now.

Also, I'm now mixing my 100 octane with 112 octane, and moved my timing as far as the stock plate will let me drill it out.