revving irratically, pull choke shee's calm

criswrld

i would put stock needles back in it. see what happens when you do that.

348055[/snapback]

I agree, also think your pilot is to big and your mains are to big for t-6 pipes with only a modded lid. also if your needle is 1/4 longer is it possible that there bottomed in the main and holding your slide up? Edited by FIRST BANSHEE

I agree, also think your pilot is to big and your mains are to big for t-6 pipes with only a modded lid. also if your needle is 1/4 longer is it possible that there bottomed in the main and holding your slide up?

348066[/snapback]

I have t-6 pipes, modded lid w/ K&N, boyessen carbon fiber reeds, and boost bottle. Given this fact they say go up 8 for pipes which given stock is about 200-220 depending on where you live, that alone would put me around 280-290. Then a K&N you should go 4-6 up which then puts me at 320-350 range and then aftermarket reeds another 2. So i think from going by all that 340 is perfect. Just going on everything i read from manufactures and sites like bansheehq. No needles aren't bottomed in main because if i put slides in without being hooked up with cables they go all the way down. As far as my pillots go every one on this site thats done these mods have went with a 30 or in other cases a 32.5 or even alittle bigger so i would say i'm really close on the pilots and mains. I honestly believe that if i adjust needle up or down 1, not sure which yet and fine tune air screws it should be set. But like i said i'm no expert by far and just know what i've read and right now it's unfortanetly trial and error. If anyone has some other info or ideas feel free to clue me in some more. Thanks to all

actually with the reeds u should jet down if at all. reeds make it run richer not leaner. Correct me if im wrong but thats what Ive been told in the past.

I have t-6 pipes, modded lid w/ K&N, boyessen carbon fiber reeds, and boost bottle. Given this fact they say go up 8 for pipes which given stock is about 200-220 depending on where you live, that alone would put me around 280-290. Then a K&N you should go 4-6 up which then puts me at 320-350 range and then aftermarket reeds another 2. So i think from going by all that 340 is perfect. Just going on everything i read from manufactures and sites like bansheehq. No needles aren't bottomed in main because if i put slides in without being hooked up with cables they go all the way down. As far as my pillots go every one on this site thats done these mods have went with a 30 or in other cases a 32.5 or even alittle bigger so i would say i'm really close on the pilots and mains. I honestly believe that if i adjust needle up or down 1, not sure which yet and fine tune air screws it should be set. But like i said i'm no expert by far and just know what i've read and right now it's unfortanetly trial and error. If anyone has some other info or ideas feel free to clue me in some more. Thanks to all

348127[/snapback]

actually with the reeds u should jet down if at all. reeds make it run richer not leaner. Correct me if im wrong but thats what Ive been told in the past.

348460[/snapback]

I meant go up on the pilot for reeds. Anyway here's a great site I found while doing some research on fine tuning a banshee. It's basically everything about banshee carbs and fine tuning them and it's really helpful. Check it out!!!!!!!!!

Copy and Paste

www.dfn.com/benkaren/jetfaq.html

i had the same problem with my dynojet needle i'm up to like 360 mains 4th clip down on the needle and 2 1/2 turns on the air screws. with the longer needle it takes away fuel for the idle and makes it run lean and if you let it sit and get hot with it that lean it will start to detonate cuz when i was adjusting my idle and air screws it got hot and started. i pulled the tether and it didn't stop then i pulled the plugs still ran pulled the coil wire still running gave it the gas and it quit it was nuts but you are running lean.