Rocket Pipes

You are right I have never seen rocket pipes, but have been looking to buy a pair over the past couple of weeks and I heard that they only had one mounting point.  To my experience, typically 2 mounting point will alway be stonger than one but since I have not seen the silencers you would know more about that then I would.

I am aware the current Rockets clear the RZ powervalves.  This comment came about due to an earlier post regarding building different styles of the Rocket pipe.

Chris

334859[/snapback]

Well where would I put the second mounting point at?

If it meant that much to you I would be glad to add a second mounting tab on a set for you.

Anymore styles I make I will try to make sure they clear the rz valves.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your support. The stock Rocket silencer mounting point by the grab bar might be fine but since the stock frame and sliencers have two points to bolt the silencer up I would think it would be a better design. Plus wouldn't one mounting point increase the chance that the stinger tube by the Pipe junction would hit the frame? Just a thought. Please if current design is that good I will live with it trust me.

Chris

1 mount is more than enough for the silencers.you would have to see it 2 know.its very thick and sturdy.they dont go past the grab bar so what would a extra bolt be needed for.i dont know of anyone who stand on the silnvers lol.get your rockets anf try them out see for yourself

not me, i like it. makes me go faster :bolt:

335249[/snapback]

same here i love comp.last weekend i waited for the fastest 4 wheeler and dirt bike everytime almost.i love these rockets tho on the rz.i was out with a 13/41 last weekend im jumping to a 16/41 i want more top end,

fireman... I think rnbrad has it nailed. I have talked to Stuart Toomey in the past about building stainless pipes and he said he will NOT be doing it. He said it was too hard to work with. I think that if you went with a slightly thinner stainless, it may be easier to work with and with TIG you can weld anything.

Motofast used to make steel and ss pipes. The unfinished stainless ones were called "works" finish and look just like raw steel. The other option was chrome. If you made all of your pipes "works" finish, you could kill 2 birds with one stone. People could buy them raw or they could be polished by you {the metal would have to be polished before chroming anyway} or the buyer could have them polished themselves {extra value for the buyer}.

The other thing I agree with is the 2-1 pipe. This would be great for the guys with RZ tops. trail riders and guys who want low end grunt.

I had T5 pipes and loved them but they rusted. I alsoi have 2-1 stainless pipes on my 95 and Trinity Stainless on my 99. The trinity pipe clamps are awesome with built in O rings and I'm sure it would be almost as easy to install as the swaged ends on most pipes where they clamp togther {stinger to pipe}. The Trinity silencer is a piece of artwork and a similal silencer would only add to the value. I have also researched spar arrestors and there are only 2 that are made for ATV's. The Sparky and I think one that FMF has. Here's the catch. The spark arrestor has to be approved by the Forest Service and they are not really open to doing the testing. If you could put a design together, it would still require alot of development to get it approved.

Finally offering an inner ceramic coating or another coating { I can give you the details privatly} to prevent blueing. Since this would be applied from the "factory", you would be able to add value for a very small cost and make the pipes have a better resale value. I love R&D so let me know what kind of help you need and we'll git-r-done.

I second the inclusion of the built in spark arrestor. I have PC platinums with built ins now, and won't buy another pipe without this style of silencer. I think that Trinity offers spark arrestors that are custom fit to the end of their silencers, you can run with or without them. They attach like a cap on the end. I would definitely be more inclined to buy the rockets if they had sparkys.

Just my 2 pennies. :cheers:

you realy only need one mounting point! if anything were to break just send it back! never had any yet or acctually nothing has ever broke! i do like the button heads for the end of silencers and 3 inchs shorter silencers! just this is the first time ive gotten the feedback! ill make damn sure chris is on it! he had better have a pen and paper when i show him my skills! im kicking myself right now! i will have my shee together by summer, cant wait to show it off to you guys!

The spark arrestor is definitely something to look into. I have to have them to race desert (dumbass BLM, wtf are we gonna do, burn down the desert?!!), anyway usually all they do is a "stick test", however they will on occasion look for the official "USFS Approved" that HAS to be stamped on the silencer.

I can do some digging and find out what the USFS requirements and approval mechanisms are if ya want me to...

alot of good ideas, I just got my new rockets last week and I love em. My buddy is puttin a set of shearers on his shee and we have almost identical setups so we will see this spring which pipe puts it to the ground better... I think the silencers on the rockets is the only thing that really needs attention. The pipes are great but the silencers would be so much better with stainless allen head bolts instead of rivets and the welds around the mounting bracket are a little sloppy... also did anyone elses silencers end up uneven, on mine one of my silencers is higher than the other. im gunna try to adjust the bolts some and get it to be less noticeable but I still dont really like it... Oh ya and some decals. I need a nice " Rocket custom pipes inc." sticker for my fenders...

Yeah Ben if you can come up with a site or referre me to someone that can lay out the requirements that'd be great.

I'd love to do stainless its just one of those things that I'm gonna need time to get worked out.

I'm gonna look into the flat stainless allen heads also, plus the stinger tube to silencer screws will be switched to stainless. Mine rusted already ;) Can't have that.