2002 cr 125

I have of course my banshee and my 87 tecate 4 and a 86 trx 250r and two days ago I bought a 2002 cr 125 for 1500. I raced it against my banshee today on the dirt, grass and the road and the banshee would pretty much stomp it. This is my first dirtbike but I really picked up how to ride in about 1 day. I can come out the hole like a wild man now. But I want to be faster. Everything is stock on the bike except it has an aftermarket piston kit but at the stock bore and it has delta v-force reed cage and reeds. If I put a pipe on it and maybe shave the head or get a performance head and change the gearing would it be like a totally new bike or what. It seems to wind out so quick so I figured that if I had a pipe then I would be able to drop atleast two teeth on the back sprocket or maybe add one up front. What would be good?

You're comparing a 350 to a 125. A pipe would def. give you more power bottom to top but its never gonna be as fast as the shee. Either keep it for something different to ride and a good jumper or sell it and get a 500 if you're main goal is top speed. I just bought a CR250 myself and wound it out on the sand...kept looking for another gear to shift up into. Oh well it aint the fastest flat out but I can hit the whoops quicker now.

You're comparing a 350 to a 125. 

330040[/snapback]

Im not to sure if your right with that statement. I also have a cr250. I know that the 250 can beat the old XR600's and thats an awfull big diference in cc's. As far as beating a banshee, yes you can beat a banshee, even on a 125. Face it, a stock banshee really isnt that fast so if your going up against a stocker you have a pretty good chance. I agree with most of these guys though, you should probably look into getting a 250 or a 500 if you consider yourself an above average rider. Good luck with it.

Im not to sure if your right with that statement. I also have a cr250. I know that the 250 can beat the old XR600's and thats an awfull big diference in cc's. As far as beating a banshee, yes you can beat a banshee, even on a 125. Face it, a stock banshee really isnt that fast so if your going up against a stocker you have a pretty good chance. I agree with most of these guys though, you should probably look into getting a 250 or a 500 if you consider yourself an above average rider. Good luck with it.

330105[/snapback]

i dont see a 125 beating a banshee.but i know a stock 250 will walk a banshee.untill modding comes into the game then the hsee will hand the 500 its ass

Nug...you're comparing a 250 2-stroke with a 600 4-stroke. One fires twice as often as the other. If cc's were the only factor then a raptor should hand a banshee its ass everytime. The XR's were primarily made as a trail bike whereas the CR was made for MX. Terrain will have alot to do with it as well. But the point stands...125's are pretty underpowered no matter what you do to them.

down here in florida theres a dude who can beat pretty much any banshee around here with his cr125 this bitch is bad ass i dont know the guy personaly but i will soon as i get his number for port work he used to ride shee's but know his on dirt bikes this cr125 is gear and ported iv seen it beat 2 370cc shee's with no prob on the line and out the back door i dont even come close to him he also has a cr80 he drag races on the street against cars for money hes wins all the time, my advice to you is find someone who can do port work on those motors cause they can run like hell. and i know ppl are gonna say well those guys and i on the shee's just cant ride well we can and our bikes just cant run with this thing every time i see him i say how the fuk you beating all these shee's and he just says its all in the porting...........

pipe it, go stock or +1 front sprocket and +2 in the back. It will hook up like you wouldnt believe. Thats how it worked with my kx anyways. Its a 94 and its a 250, but the gearing shouldnt be too different since its a bike. My friend also has a cr125 and it can scream. And definately stick with learning on a 125 for a while. I wish I would have gotten a 125, I still cant ride my 250 right.

Edited by iceman