FRONT SPROCKET

quick-z

IF I PUT ON A 13 TOOTH FRONT SPROCKET  CAN I USE THE SAME CHAIN :confused:

329917[/snapback]

SURE YOU COULD YOU JUST HAVE TO ADJUST THE CHAIN,BUT ITS BETTER TO CHANGE BOTH SPROCKETS AND CHAIN AT THE SAME TIME. IT DEPENDS ON HOW WORN THE OLD ONES ARE,IF NOT TO BAD YOU WILL BE FINE. :cheers:

SURE YOU COULD YOU JUST HAVE TO ADJUST THE CHAIN,BUT ITS BETTER TO CHANGE BOTH SPROCKETS AND CHAIN AT THE SAME TIME. IT DEPENDS ON HOW WORN THE OLD ONES ARE,IF NOT TO BAD YOU WILL BE FINE.  :cheers:

329933[/snapback]

i agree. i've swapped front and rear sprockets experimenting with different combos while using the same chain which is in like new condition and i haven't had any problems. if you have a chain that is worn then it will probably cause your new sprocket to wear immaturely. i know that it's recommended to change every thing as a set but if you're just swapping sprockets for a short period of time to experiment and then buy a new chain and rear sprocket when you find the gearing that you like then you'll be fine.