HEAD GASKET

MDS2106

ok here is the deal, i picked up an extra head to get milled and domes cut. but like usual the f*%k-ing dealership don't have the gasket in stock.the head will be ready tomorrow and i want to run it this weekend. has anyone reused a head gasket? thanks

doesn't it seem like the dealership should keep common parts in stock.its few and far between they actually have what i need in stock, hell my local dealership don't even stock a new shee on the showroom floor

Edited by MDS2106

Im not sure if banshee has a metal head gasket or not. If it does you can re use it by doing the following::

Place it on the kitchen stove burner and turn it on high, let it heat up the gasket until it starts smoking and turns blackish, turn over and do the other side. then rinse under cold running water (use needle nose pliers or long tweezers) then use a scotch gaurd pad and clean it off and it is good as new. there is a term for thsi I believe it is called "aneiling" spelling? good luck my mechanic taught me this one when I had my slug warrior

I have a new one, still in the package. I was going to get my stock head shaved, but ended up getting a NOSS head instead.

gimme 5 bucks for shipping, and its yours.. PM me and let me know. :cheers:

321291[/snapback]

I got one fri. from a friend thanks anyways. it is a metal one by the way

stock head gaskets are metal, aftermarket are mostly orings. Its not good to reuse heads, not becasue they get shit on them, because since there metal, once you put the head on and compress it, it leaves a permanent indent on the head, which is never good to reuse.