Arizona!

QuadMX

Well I planned on going to school at MMI in AZ since senior year and I decided to stick around here in WI for another year. Just took an Industrial Maintenance course at a nearby college. I was gonna wait another year and make some money first before I went next year, but my friend was goin this year. Well 2 nights ago my gf and I got in a fight and we ended up breaking up. I'm going to AZ! I'm sick of it here and my passion is bikes and quads. So MMI is where it's at and if anybody has a garage with room for a banshee I'd be willing to pay a bit if it could be stored there (preferably within a few miles of the MMI campus). Just super excited about finally going and wanted to share.

Bob

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON MMI....TRY TO GET AN APPRENTICESHIP AT A DEALERSHIP OR AN ASSEMBLY TECH JOB.....MMI IS A WASTE OF MONEY. I can get you phone numbers to 6 guys that will say the same thing. They talked me outta going. Just go to your local dealers and talk to the owner(s), that's what I did.

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON MMI....TRY TO GET AN APPRENTICESHIP AT A DEALERSHIP OR AN ASSEMBLY TECH JOB.....MMI IS A WASTE OF MONEY.  I can get you phone numbers to 6 guys that will say the same thing.  They talked me outta going.  Just go to your local dealers and talk to the owner(s), that's what I did.

314632[/snapback]

Well the guys I've talked to said they loved it there. And some of the dealers I've talked to said they usually only hire guys that already have training from an MMI school or something that has to do with engine repair and such. I've tried to get a job at the local honda dealer already. And I asked the yammy dealer and I got the same responses. Plus I'm excited to just get the hell outa WI right now.

Make the trip!

Az kicks ass! You are close to Glamis, Cinder mountain, Rocky point Mexico, Cali is a nights drive, Vegas is closer than Cali, and it never rains. Spring for 7 months and summer for 5. Lots of jobs too. :cheers:

You know that there are apartment complexes here in Arizona that have garages don't you. Well in any case, if you don't have enough money for those kind of places, armored mini-storages are cheap here in AZ. I would suggest my place bro, but my garage is already full with my car, my mother's and my quad. Oh hey, whenever you got time, hit me up and we'll go riding...

i heared the same thing from a friend he said that thier classes just suck and it stuck him with a big student loan. he said he would have rather went out and bought a new truck or new bike. oh well lessoned learned. someone said theres a tons of jobs here. i would like to know where these are at? and they cant be dam fastfood joints ethier. i have friend that are skilled welders and fabicators and they cant find work anywhere and computers feild is crappy too. everyone is coming to AZ so fast its booming right now but good luck on what ever you plan.

i live on the east side of the vally and phnx is on the others so no help storing it.

Edited by redcell43

I went to MMI in Orlando, it is a good school to go to if you don't know much about motors as it is, but if you alredy know a bit they really don't teach you much more. Then when you get out dealerships want to start you at entry level for a whole whopping $9.00 an hour. I am not even looking for a job in that field anymore, just doing stuff on the side like I did before I went. Its your decision though if you want to do just go and do it, you may have a better outcome. Good luck.