need some opinions!

chris642

hey guys, how much do you think i could get for my shee? i know this sounds like a newbie post, but i want other peoples opinion on it. as you may know, i recently bought a kx 65 to mess around on. since i really never rode dirtbikes, this is really going to be an experiment for me. if i really like bikes, and am pretty good, i may sell the banshee to get a yz 250. the mods are in my signature, its an 03 bought new in July. selling the shee would really be a last resort thing since i dont want a beat up bike. when i think about it, im not a real mud guy, i like going fast, jumping, and having fun. dont get me wrong, i LOVE my banshee, its fast as hell and very fun, but bikes are so quick, light, and agile. here are some pictures. i know i can get a sweet yz 250 for like 3000 on ebay or even around here in the want ads, so if i sell the shee and the kx 65, i may still have enough money left for a nice banshee. i wouldnt mod it beyond pipes and graphics again, very expensive :wacko:

DSC01153.jpg

DSC01155.jpg

DSC01157.jpg

im not making a decision untill the summer so its not like im making any rushed decisions, i still gotta get better on the bikes first :unsure: i really dont know what it would be worth, if you asked me, it would probally be way to high. i need your opinions! thanks alot!!

i guess you guys are right. This video just got me wanting one REAL bad

http://www.mxrush.com/videos/StreetriderHD.wmv

props to frakke at all things moto!! it could use some heavy metal, but other than that the video is awesome.

this video didnt help my yz250 lust either

http://www.mxrush.com/videos/SmartmixHD.wmv

those things SCREAM!!!!

not too break ur stones or anything but when u get a 250 dont expect ur self to ride like that :shootself: because ur not gonna its gonna take years of practice to ride like they do

i had a bike and even to get down the pattern of when to hit the brake in between whoops and bein able too keep the front out of them is hard banghead

but those clips were killer

not too break ur stones or anything  but when u get a 250 dont expect ur self to ride like that :shootself:  because ur not gonna its gonna take years of practice to ride like they do

i had a bike and  even to get down the pattern of when to hit the brake in between whoops and bein able too keep the front out of them is hard  banghead

but those clips were killer

314147[/snapback]

no stone breaking here,, i know that they are extremely skilled and it takes years and years of practice to be able to do that. i know from experience that you suck at everything when you first start. but you cant tell me you didnt watch those clips and didnt want to jump on a bike and try some crazy shit!!

Depending on your size, you might want to try a modded 125 first. A 250 with a pipe, and a rad valve will fly, its WAY faster than my stock banshee. They are super fun though, I've been riding for about 4 months now, and I get really frustrated because I can't wheelie or clear 85 footers, or rail berms, or fly over whoops. It takes a lot of practice, like 250rhater said, but they are definately fun. Try to get one that has been taken care of too. They also feel way high compared to a banshee. And ATV stunter, youre not too big for a bike, my dads friend is 6'6 and wieghs about 270, he FLIES. The modded 250s haul balls.

Edited by iceman

Hey chris, once this snow melts we can finally hit Jersey city and you can ride the KX 125 I have before I sell it ,just to get a feel for that type of bike..If your looking to start racing and jumping, a 250 is going to be way too much for you trust me. I have owned a couple of 125 and about 3 250s. The 125 is much easier to throw around. The 250 tends to get from under you some time, and one mistake can cost you big time!! PM me and we can talk form there!