What should I do?

sheeboy94

What would you do in my situation?  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am going to turn 16 in october, and need a truck. I have a banshee, 400ex, and kx 80 pit bike....my dad said i hve to buy my truck myself, which i think i should, and can considering i bought all my bikes accept my 80..I really want to selll my 400ex, and kx80, and get 1200 for my 80, immaculate, and renthals (1999) Sell my four hundred for 3200 also exc. cond with mods (2002). And i want to keep my shee to race mx with like i had been planning, That would be the last thing i would ever do, sell it...My shee is already setup basiclly for mx, minus a few mods, to come soon. It is also capable of riding trails to..I can do without my 400 all i do is stunts and trails and mud, and messin aroun' with it.. I will also be workin over the summer at a body shop, and will make aproximatley, 3500 which would give me arounfd 8 grand to work with. Any suggestions on what kind of truck to get would be great, 8 grand max, i was lookin at 454ss, shortbed 1500, or old lightnin.

thanks

well given your age I would have to suggest a 4x4 Toyota pickup. They are good on gas and you can beat the ever living dog shit out of them and they still keep going. Not to mention they are fun to four by. I would sell all the bikes and get you a decent truck to start with. If you want to buy another shee later then thats great but Im assuming you will want a few goodies for the new truck (stereo, wheels, lift, etc.)

Not to knock your plans, but you need to think about the future too. A 454ss is going to cost out the butt for insurance and gas. You can't save money or have extra money with a truck like that. Buy a small truck first. S10, Ranger, something like that if you need a truck. This will allow you to have money to spend and save and still have a truck to haul the toy around. It doesn't even have to fit the length of the bed. You can leave the tail gate open.

As far as what to sell and do to get a truck... keep your favorite and sell the others. That way you only have one to put money into.

Edited by fixitrod

well given your age I would have to suggest a 4x4 Toyota pickup. They are good on gas and you can beat the ever living dog shit out of them and they still keep going. Not to mention they are fun to four by. I would sell all the bikes and get you a decent truck to start with. If you want to buy another shee later then thats great but Im assuming you will want a few goodies for the new truck (stereo, wheels, lift, etc.)

309156[/snapback]

I second that.

Dont buy a 454 for your main transportation. Unless you LOVE a huge fuel bill and wanna work 100+ hours a week to pay for your insurance. When I was 16, I bought a beater, and beat it. ALL 16yr olds drive the same... full throttle or nothing.

The dually I used to pull the racecar with this summer has a 454..gets 6-10mpg. Yeah, really cool! It took $100 worth of gas to go race 80 miles away.

I am not trying to beat down your standards or expectations, but think realisticcally. I would much rather own an OK truck and have some money left over (maybe for some wheels or cool bling) and not have some gas guzzling pig that makes me go broke. You wanna have something that the bitches will like, but its very uncool to have a pimp ass truck with an empty tank of gas and your wallet cant fill it.

alot of us have been there, done that. I had gas guzzlers in the past, and I always sold them to get something that wasnt quit as "cool" that I could go more places, do more stuff, CHASE MORE BOOTY!

NUGSHEE is on the right track with the toyscrotum idea.....

I agree with everyone else, get an old crap vehicle for cheap and save your money. I got a 94 jeep cherokee sport 4x4 for $2000 when I was 16. It gets like 20-25mpg with a k&n intake and exhaust and msd. I got a hitch and dinky trailer for pulling my toys for $500. Look around at the local junk car lots and see what you can get for cheap before you think about something like a 454.

Yep, these guys are right on. You can get a 15 year old Ranger for $1000 and it will last you until you are a GOOD driver. No, you are not already a good driver! I've seen too many kids go out and wrap a nice vehicle around a tree. You may as well save the money for chasing tail. :cheers:

trust me man i know from experience i have a 69 ford f100 right now w/ a bored 460 built motor and i cannot afford gas at all i dont drive too much and i spend about 100 every 2 weeks on gas in the summer, get a smaller truck i am selling mine actually and buying a jeep cherokee and a shee ( my truck is pretty nice ( 50k original miles and built motor and nice paint) just because i really cant afford gas and i cant drive in the winter because 450hp in 2wd and snow weatherdont mix