trinity jetting chart.

1800bigk

Check this chart out

http://www.trinityracing.com/pages/jetting...heejetting.html

The chart says engines with a stage 4 port job and twin 35mm carbs, the main jet should be at or near 165, and if you look at the bottom of the chart it says a 500cc engine with stage 4 port w/35mm carbs main jet 158. Is this correct? How come alot of people on here have port jobs and 35's but are running main jets well into the 170's. I know all bikes are different but thats a big difference isnt it.

thanks

I think it is of coarse a ball park figure. I run 160 mains, 55 pilots, cel needles mid clip, 600 ft elevation for 70 to 90 degree temps. This is on dual 35's with stage 4 porting and pipes. I actually don't see very many people running the dual 35 pwk's. Seems like more use the pj's to me.

So I take it there is a big jetting difference between pj 34 and pwk 35 on the exact same engine.

307777[/snapback]

I had 162 mains, 42 pilots and 2nd clip on the needles w/ pwks.....same mods, different carbs, put 34pj's on and went to a 175 mains, 55-58pilots, needle 5th clip and still wants more....went to a shorter needle and still wants more fuel...Tried a CGL, then CGK, CGJ, CEJ, now a DEJ...ya, totally different.

ok thanks, can the pj 34 support similar horsepower levels as the pwk 35?  For instance, trinity says the 400cc cheetah kit needs 35pwk, but could pj 34 do just as good or do I need that extra one milimeter?

tia

307784[/snapback]

dude don't pay no att to the web site I talked to a guy at Trinity and he said do not lisgen to the web site a web geek wrote it go with what feels good and looks good on the plug :cheers:

34's are supposed to be better for bottom end response while the 35's are supposed to be better for top end...very minimal on a dyno if any...

Night rider, you both have the same jetting?? What are you running??

trinity jetting chart., is it accurate?

There is NO chart that is accurate or right on. And while it may be for one bike, it won't be for the next. All bikes jet a little different. They all like different things in different areas. NO ONE can tell you what jet you will need or use! EVERYTHING is a guideline that will have to be tested and verified and in most cases adjusted per the machine. Remember that, and you will be fine.

That goes with jetting charts, jet kits, the little jets that come with pipe kits and everything.

(I'm sure that was said, but I don't feel like going through all those posts right now.) :shrugani:

There is NO chart that is accurate or right on.  And while it may be for one bike, it won't be for the next.  All bikes jet a little different.  They all like different things in different areas.  NO ONE can tell you what jet you will need or use!  EVERYTHING is a guideline that will have to be tested and verified and in most cases adjusted per the machine.  Remember that, and you will be fine.

That goes with jetting charts, jet kits, the little jets that come with pipe kits and everything. 

(I'm sure that was said, but I don't feel like going through all those posts right now.) :shrugani:

309001[/snapback]

Word!