Wont run right

I think its the carburetor. Ever since I took it in the back of my truck when it was raining and sleeting and cold it wont run right, doesnt run unless the powerband is kicked in. It also wont idle for more than a few seconds. I cleaned out the carburetor and was tryin to adjust the needle but still wont run right, it is a little different than stock, the guy before me put it on, its a Fast by Gast carb. here are some pics.

carb

any suggestions? Thanks

sounds like the freezing cold and rain has ruined your power bands, seeing that it runs with them kicked in then they are causeing the engine to load up, take the 5th didgit of your vin number with you to the dealer(thats the engine code) and they can hook ya up with some new ones, they are real cheap and you will be up and runnin in no time

The stator is under your powerband ofcourse. :P

Ok........umm.........stator. Shifter side of the bike. Under the plastic cover. Look just under your carbs and you should see a group of wires coming out of a hole in the cases above the shifter. Follow that wiring until you hit a connector. Take it apart and make sure it is dry. Put it back togerther CAREFULLY(learned that the hard way) and then just keep following the wiring around the bike and make sure all the connectors are dry. Banshees do not like water.

sounds like the freezing cold and rain has ruined your power bands, seeing that it runs with them kicked in then they are causeing the engine to load up, take the 5th didgit of your vin number with you to the dealer(thats the engine code) and they can hook ya up with some new ones, they are real cheap and you will be up and runnin in no time

303048[/snapback]

Hey I tried that and they looked at me like I was crazy. I also asked them for a gallon of go fast to put in my headlight. banghead:yank:

was the last time you rode it warm out, now its cold and needs to be rejetted,and everything needs to be dry.

lower the clip on your needle see if that helps and clean your carb also.

303625[/snapback]

No it was cold both places. I was trying to mess with the needle, on this carb it doesnt have the notches like a stock one, it just screws in and out to adjust it. I could tell the difference in the way it ran when I adjusted the needle but I still couldnt get it to run right. I already cleaned it too, blew all the holes out with compressed air incase any small pieces of dirt were in there.