How to make inexpensive HP

richybanshee

I just bought a new banshee. Since the moment I rode it I felt it was not as fast as I had expected. This is my second banshee, so I know a few things on how to make it run better. Without buying anything expensive I have made my shee faster.

Banshees come with 190, 200, 210 main jets ... depending on where you buy the bike. In Puerto Rico all banshees come stock with 200 main jets installed, also in the dealer they gave me 190 and 240 main jets.

This is what I did to make it faster:

1. Put on 300 main jets

2. took off the whole airbox lid

3. increased the flow of fuel at half throttle by moving the clip on the jet needle to the 4th notch (stock is 3rd notch)

My hometown is like 1000 feet from sea level and the temp is 75-90 F most of the year. You may be prompt to believe that I 'm putting too much fuel into the motor, well, my bike runs great. Remember that I took off the airbox lid and there is a great amount of air going into the engine. I recommend holding the stock filter assembly with a screw through the box. Later on you can just swap to a K&N filter with a filter adapter.

If you do not want to take the airbox lid off, just take off the snorkle, then put 260 main jets and leave everything else stock.

My 2 cents.... :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

There are a lot of factors concerning jetting like: humidity, air temperature, altitude.

Remember I took off the airbox lid and when I tested the jetting temp was like 75. Probably in hotter temperatures I may need to go down to a 280 main. Jetting is not a fixed variable. I just did some experimenting and it workout good.

My friend hast toomey T5 pipes with 280 main jets and airbox lid on. If you take the air box lid off it just does not run as good (lean jetting), the pipes start to get blue because of the heat created.

From what you guys say, jetting is just a bag full of mixed candies, some sweet, some bitter. :rotflmao:

Edited by richybanshee

There are a lot of factors concerning jetting like:  humidity, air temperature, altitude.

Remember I took off the airbox lid and when I tested the jetting temp was like 75. Probably in hotter temperatures I may need to go down to a 280 main. Jetting is not a fixed variable. I just did some experimenting and it workout good.

My friend hast toomey T5 pipes with 280 main jets and airbox lid on. If you take the air box lid off it just does not run as good (lean jetting), the pipes start to get blue because of the heat created.

From what you guys say, jetting is just a bag full of mixed candies, some sweet, some bitter. :rotflmao:

305644[/snapback]

:rotflmao: DUDE!! This is so elementary I can't believe it. Everyone knows all this shit already. But do you know how to do a plug chop? you might want to do that and see how rich you are.

Speaking of shit. That was a good idiea sredish had too. :lol:

:rotflmao:  DUDE!! This is so elementary I can't believe it. Everyone knows all this shit already. But do you know how to do a plug chop? you might want to do that and see how rich you are.

Speaking of shit. That was a good idiea sredish had too.  :lol:

305895[/snapback]

Elementary to you maybe, But i'm sure there are some new comers that can use all the advise they can get! :bolt:

Nothing is elementary, or obvious, ignorance is a bad thing. The first time I tried to jet my shee I went through hell. Then I did a lot of reading to at least try to understand where to start. After experimenting for a while I did it. Now I'm confident enough to let you all know what I did so that others out there may have that jump start on the topic of jetting.

For an all stock shee and ridding between sea level and a 1,000 feet at 75-95 degrees Farenheit temperature I recommend:

1. Remove snorckle from air box lid

2. put 260 main jets keep airbox lid or (between 280-300 main jets without the air box lid)

Shee will run better. You can do the plug shop method. Test it, if it works good, if it does not keep experimenting until you get it right.

Note: K&N filter recommended and if running without the air box lid put a screw through the box to hold it down.

This is a great place to START for all you ROOKIES.

Is good to know this post is controversial. :D

:) right know I have 300 main jets and clip back to 3rd position everything else is stock. ( will put k&N filetr soon, when stock filter gets dirty)

My bike runs great, does not bug and keeps pulling on the top end. I checked the base of the plugs and ithey had that brown chocolate ring around it.

Note: just in case I do not base my jetting in porceling color. I check the base of the ring, like in the plug chop method.

In my old shee I use to run FMF Gnarly pipes 310 mains, K&N filter, no airbox lid.

The whole idea behind my jetting was to be save when drag racing with my buddies. I notice better top end. :cheers:

Thanks for all does opinions... KEEP IT UP

:rotflmao:  DUDE!! This is so elementary I can't believe it. Everyone knows all this shit already. But do you know how to do a plug chop? you might want to do that and see how rich you are.

Speaking of shit. That was a good idiea sredish had too.  :lol:

305895[/snapback]

Not elementary at all! I am a new banshee owner and don't know how to jet by myself! I need all the advice I can get! Tried to rejet when I added my T-5's and K&N and did not succeed! Maybe if you are so smart and ignorant, you should just design your own website. You can call it Bansheehqforpros.com. :headbang: LOL!