PreMix ratio

PolyKarbon

Alright, I have a 2001 banshee. Wiseco pistons bored just a bit (not sure the new size), Boyesen "rad valve (whatever)" reeds, proflow air filter, stock carbs,and fmf gold series pipes. I run Motul at 50:1, thats what the dealer told me. Everything is fine in the shee, but I just wanted to see if the premix is at the right ratio. Thanks.

PS- I have shock covers too...lol.

Edited by PolyKarbon

Oh well shock covers that changes everything , heh j/k. Mix the oil to what the oil manufacturer recommends, if it says it's ok to run at 50:1 that will work...IF you're jetted for it. When you change ratios it will affect the air/fuel ratio and hence the jetting will be affected. There isn't really a right or wrong oil ratio, just different oils, 32:1 is probably the most common but people will run anything from 20:1 to 100:1 (with the appropriate oil).

Alright, I have a 2001 banshee. Wiseco pistons bored just a bit (not sure the new size), Boyesen "rad valve (whatever)" reeds, proflow air filter, stock carbs,and  fmf gold series pipes. I run Motul at 50:1, thats what the dealer told me. Everything is fine in the shee, but I just wanted to see if the premix is at the right ratio. Thanks.

PS- I have shock covers too...lol.

282182[/snapback]

thats prolly fine. I know alot of guys run at 50:1 I dont know much about the type of oil you are useing. I personally run amsoil dominator at 32:1 alot of guys run this oil at 50:1 like the bottle says you can but I dont mind useing a little more oil just cause it burns so clean you dont even notice it and oil is cheaper than parts. plus I run down the road wide open alot so I dont mind having a little more oil to my motor... Personally if you arnt having any problems just keep running it like that. or if you are concerned just start running alittle more oil maybe a 40:1 or sumthin. Really your call...