2 into 1 carb

PUSH THE THROTTLE

If you have run a single carb how do or did you like it?  

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Only bad thing about a poll like this is way too many people give their "opinion" and not experience. Many people tell us how bad they are and pretty much they've never tried it.

So, if you've never ridden a single carbed machine, don't vote!

I agree Sredish but I hope since most of the guys on here are reasonable that the numbers will be fairly accurate and reflect atleast the percentage. I just want to get an idea of how many people are running these carbs and their thoughts if they don't like them. I wouldn't be without mine pulled the plugs today and they look so perfect I was dissapointed because I really wanted to jet the Banshee for fun, oh well.

i cant say if there is any gain in power or not as i never had teh twin carb setup

this is my first shee and it had the single on it when i got it

but its def a huge improvement in adjustablilty

u can pop offf the seat and get to the carb top to play with the height of the needle

and to change a pilot is as easy as loosening up the clamp and rotating the carb around

the main jet you dont have to do a thing jsut pop off the plug in the fuel bowl and swap it out

it couldnt get much easier

and NO TORS to deal with

hmmm, don't get me started about that article.

this was my opinion from past thread:

I don't know those guys or their experience, and i'm sure it's way more than mine, but i don't agree with them. from their wording, it sounds as if they are theorizing and haven't actually tried it. the first guy had a peaky motor because he had stage III porting and T5's and that doesn't match the output of the carb, so they're not working together. and i don't agree with Rick's comment of a "jet it and forget it" carb. while it is easier, i didn't buy it for that reason and most of the people i know didn't buy it for that reason, it's just an added benefit. rick says the banshee wasn't sold as a "slow poke" quad, but just because your using more lower rpm power doesn't mean your slow poking, you just smoothing the powerband, which some people just have a problem with in regards to the banshee. i guess it's taboo to use anything lss than 8,000 rpm. they're getting fancy with deck heights and reed latency and strobe tests. give me a break. sounds like they have more time to sound important and smart than actual real world trials. i don't know about all that ****, but i did have a lot more low end and awesome mid after the addition of the carb and still my top end is extremely strong, so much as I was hanging right with cpi and t5 mounted dual carb banshees at the dunes. when i changed the carb setup, it was the only mod done at the time, so i had a definite before and after feel and my experience with 95% of the people commenting on the single carb kit is that they have opinions yet have never tried it.

After reading that article I also question if those people have ridden a shee that had duals then swapped the duals for a single. I think that is the only way to compare. You can't go from riding someones ported shee with dual 33's to a stock shee with a single and have a fair comparison. I went from stock duals to the single 35 with v-force reeds, it was night and day.

Guys just call Trinity and have them send you the dyno results of the stock system compared to the CV system, compared to dual 28's,33's and dual 35's. They have it, and these were all used on the same quad for comparison. As for mods, I believe it was close to stock except air box mod. Just think about your riding style and what rpm you mostly ride at. Go with the system that best complements your style.

Just curious, I've hear that the single carb set up yields way better fuel economy. If this is true can someone explain how this could be, because is seams like it would be running lean if this were the case. Is more fuel somehow waisted with duels?

My new duel 34mm on a 4mm stroker set up is friggin hard on the dinosaur juice in the sand. Seems to do pretty good when crusing around on dirt roads and trails though.

I love mine, I used to think it was bad on has milage but I was

just mistaken on how much I rode. I started taking it on longer

rides and i havent worried about having to fill it up even if im

hard in the throttle all night. I love the power I have down low

and still have good top. I like the fact that I only have to jet

one carb. I jetted mine in the winter and i really didnt see that

much of a differance when it got warmer out.