What gearing for a Banshee in the dunes?

trx440

I've got a 55hp Banshee and want to run 22" tires in back [for clearance]. I plan on just general duning, not hill-shooting.

What gearing do you guys suggest? What if I run 20's, how will that change the gearing choice?

What is stock?

Thanks in advance, -RT

20" tires = 15/41 gearing

22" tires = 14/42 gearing

Stock is 14/41 with 20" tires.

These would be the ideal gearing for what you want to do as long as you have pipes on that Banshee. If you don't have pipes, it will probably be a little tall.

Scott

Edited by sredish

for the flats, gear it higher. you don't need as much torque when switchin from gear to gear on the flats because you don't loose the momentum that you would shooting up a steep dune. obviously for hill shooting gear it down too keep the gear ratios closer together.

I ride at little sahara lots. I prefer lower gearing 13/41 or 12/41. I barely ever get into 6th gear except for a short time. I also ride lots of the trails and prefer the low gearing for them. I think lower gearing is faster on the drags also. Becasue then you can start in 2nd.