Whats the best reeds

williamjernigan

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am running ported reed cages with TDR "yellow" reeds and have had great luck with them. They are definitely a big improvement over stock and I can keep up with the guys who are running the v-force reeds.

The nice thing with the ported reed cages is that they are alot cheaper than spending $200+ plus on v-force reeds.

Just my 2cents... :bolt:

I was talking to the engineers at MT a few weeks ago trying to get some engineering data sheets on the DF2's and 3's. Although they wont release that info directly to me, I did read enough between the lines that I can safely say that the 2's are going to be better suited for about 85% of ported banshee motors . Only the extreme ported motors are really going to need the 3's, and even then, they are deficient for upper scale BMEP numbers...Jim

Edited by PassionRE

Just got off the phone with MT.  They have been shipping the Banshee DF3s for about a week.

Called RockyMtn.  They expect to get them in about a week.

Looks to be about a week, 'eh? ;)

BTW...there is some input from other riders concerning cage wear on the DF3s.  This has supposedly (says MT) been resolved.  The phenolic make-up was changed.

Again...more than once I've read both complaints and raves concerning the Banshee DF3s.  SOMEbody is confused...cuz MT just started making them in the past week!!  Either they are lying...or someone is mixing up DFs, DF2s and DF3s.

316874[/snapback]

The 3's have been out for a while... i have a book in the shop that was printed in april of 2004 that has them in there...

interesting stuff guys, infortunately I had to buy my 2's about 6 months before the 3's came out. I heard problems if the 3's wear and also some some evidence (I forgot what exactly) that the 2's performed better. Maybe that has been changed. Honestly I like the bolt together design better, I jsut feel more comfortable than with snaps! However if the 3's perform better I guess thats the way to go.

You guys havn't had any problems with v-force reeds breaking?

330243[/snapback]

I've ran stock cages with boysen reeds. Modified cages (center bar removed and hogged out) with TDR,and V-Force 2. V-Force 2 definately made the most noticable performance differance. I have had the V-forces in for about 2 years and have not had any problems with them. Although I have pulled them out and checked them a few times. I have heard the same thing about them tearing up reeds. just my 2 cents.

Edited by duecebanshees

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone tried pyramid reeds? I was thinking of picking up a set used for cheap. I cannot afford 200 for the vforces right now, and I figured they would be a cheap alternative. THanks.

331143[/snapback]

I was using Pyramid reeds. I went back to the Aktiv reeds on Trinity ported cages.

I have tried DF3's and I didnt see alot for the money.

I am sold on the Aktiv reeds, especially for the $$.

Just my $.02 worth. Your mileage may vary.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the V Force 2's and they have great power but...

I have now broken one and my buddy has broken 2 of them right where they bend.

After being as absolutly far away from camp as posible when they broke, :yank: I am now willing to give up some power for reliablity, what wont break but still makes for good power?

aplication= the motor is about as built as you would go with a 350cc dune port t5's Dyna ign., .040 shaved head

Motor had only 20gl of fuel run thru it since the rebuild and shoving a piece of carbon fiber thru my cranckcase is not my idea of cool.

At least the local Honda shop stocked replacements at $70 a side :cry:

yea they stock repacements so I would say they must break fairly often to be stocking a whole bunch of $70 Yamahaha parts at a Honda store :shootself:

fyi: symptom = cold exaust one side, lack of power

the dead hole , cyl will pick up every so often while riding it to

where the truck will come get it. :dance:

Edited by Wazzobie